Notices

Help...Not sure where to post my question?

Old 10-04-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help...Not sure where to post my question?

Forum question

Hi,

I am a mother of a 24 yr old son in Arizona who is a drug addict. He is ready to go into detox and rehab, but we are having trouble finding a low cost or free Christian rehab that will take him while on medication for a dual diagnosis. He is unwilling at this point to commit to anything longer 2 - 4 months...possibly 6 months if he can be motivated.

There is also the complicating factor that his live-in girlfriend of 7 years is also an addict and is in need of help. We are all aware that the rehabs for both of them will be separate, but I don't believe they will succeed if they do not get some type of structered sober living together after individual rehab. I cannot find ANY resources for this concern. Where do I post these types of questions?

Thanks, Shelley
Old 10-04-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Betel of America | DEDICATED TO RESTORING BROKEN LIVES

I went to the English version of this. They recommend staying for 12 months but I stayed for 3.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by desertshell View Post
Forum question

Hi,

I am a mother of a 24 yr old son in Arizona who is a drug addict. He is ready to go into detox and rehab, but we are having trouble finding a low cost or free Christian rehab that will take him while on medication for a dual diagnosis. He is unwilling at this point to commit to anything longer 2 - 4 months...possibly 6 months if he can be motivated.

There is also the complicating factor that his live-in girlfriend of 7 years is also an addict and is in need of help. We are all aware that the rehabs for both of them will be separate, but I don't believe they will succeed if they do not get some type of structered sober living together after individual rehab. I cannot find ANY resources for this concern. Where do I post these types of questions?

Thanks, Shelley
Hi there, so sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunatley I can't help but you might find if you post your question of the Family and Friends of Substance abuse, I'm sure someone there could answer.
All the best.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi DesertShell

I have no personal experience to share, and I have no personal recommendations to make, but there are some faith based programmes on SR's resource page:

SoberRecovery : Faith-Based Treatment - Christian Drug Rehab Centers - Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers

I hope that might be a start anyway

best wishes to you, your son, and your family

D