Notices

New Here...stuggling with ED

Old 10-04-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy New Here...stuggling with ED

I am new here.. I been suffering from an eating disorder for years now... I think in the last couple of months that I have relaspe... my eating isnt good.. usually eating one meal or none a day... last week started to purge again. I didnt tell my therapist about what I have been doing its another sign to me that I know the answer. I feel alot of shame bout relasping I admitted to my therapist this week and it was scary to me because now its not a totally a secret... and she can help me... shame alot comes from I know that I have always been honest with her in the past and to hide it from her I hope I dont ruin the trust... I want to find a supportive place that is healthy too... there are sites that talk about unhealthy and I dont want that.. I need to get back my life... Thanks for listening
Old 10-04-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Butterfly, you've come to a good place to find support.

I'm sorry that you've been struggling for the past couple of months. I know that addiction and shame and secrecy go hand in hand. I think it's great that you are talking to a therapist, and do tell her that you're struggling.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Just to put a smile on your face. The only time I have seen the abreviation ED is Erectile Dsyfuntion. I thought to myself. "Now that is getting a little personal for an open forum "

I know little about ED (either one) but I do know about secrets. You are only as sick as your secrets. Once they are in the light of day and you share with others they lose so much of their power. Keep being honest with your therapist. They can only help if you let them. Is there a support group you could become active in?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am 28, and have been struggling with ED for almost as long as I can remember. I have been relapse free for 5 years, but I think the only thing that has kept me healthy has been 2 pregnancies and nursing 2 babies. honestly, i have been struggling the past few months, especially right now, as at 30 weeks pregnant I had to check my husband into detox, and then deal with his relapse the week we brought my daughter home, about a month ago. he has consequently lost his job, we have no income, we have 4 kids, no way of paying bills, our house, etc, so if there is a time for relapse, its now. the only thing keeping me putting any food in my mouth is my baby, because nursing is that important to me. and the kids have one sick parent, they don't need two, and they have gone through enough lately.

I have never sought therapy, although I know I should, my husband's disease has always taken precedence to my own. try not to let your slip dictate a full blown relapse, of course, easier said than done. having someone keep you honest and accountable helps. identifying your triggers helps a lot, although when its stress (like me) it doesn't help much

good luck, ED are so misunderstood, having support is so important.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Unhappy Thanks

Thanks for the support... In the last couple months my oldest son moved out and went to college.. and its been harder then I thought that would be... my youngest saw his dad kick his step mom in the back...so I had to go to court to get OFP for supervised visits.. he was drinking and is not allowed to drink in front of my son.. court ordered. Adjusting to change is so hard.... I also have no money... living on SSDI and just making it.. one of the reason I have started restricting again... no money to buy food. My childs dad owes backpay child support has not paid in over a year... but I still have to spend the gas to bring him half way for his visits... doesnt seem right.

LOL I forgot ED stands for more then Eating Disorder ...
Old 10-04-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Just to put a smile on your face. The only time I have seen the abreviation ED is Erectile Dsyfuntion. I thought to myself. "Now that is getting a little personal for an open forum "
My initial reaction too....blush.