Notices

Totally, totally screwed up.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

Totally, totally screwed up.

Some bullet points, because i'm literally emotionally destitute.

- Birthday meal organised for me
- Have connection with girl, wanted to explore that tonight sober
- Ended up depressed for no reason, stupidly went to buy booze
- Everyone arrives to take me out for my birthday, i'm wasted in my room borderline crying

Totally sick of this. Humiliated. I am going to drink myself into a coma tonight and nothing will stop me. Luckily I have no other drugs.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Zee

We all get depressed, we've all thought the solution was to temporarily alter our mood with alcohol/drugs. Don't solve the problem though... I had a massive panic attack the other week for no reason... scared me senseless. I could have drunk to calm myself down... even with my cirrhosis. You just have to suck it up... pour the booze and start again. It'll be worse with a hangover, seriously!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

Originally Posted by Zee View Post
We all get depressed, we've all thought the solution was to temporarily alter our mood with alcohol/drugs. Don't solve the problem though... I had a massive panic attack the other week for no reason... scared me senseless. I could have drunk to calm myself down... even with my cirrhosis. You just have to suck it up... pour the booze and start again. It'll be worse with a hangover, seriously!
I'm actually going to log-off because logical explanations aren't what I want right now. I want oblivion. Bye.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by MightyMung View Post

- Everyone arrives to take me out for my birthday, i'm wasted in my room borderline crying

Totally sick of this. Humiliated. I am going to drink myself into a coma tonight and nothing will stop me. Luckily I have no other drugs.
Mate I did exactly the same on my 21st birthday. I had a whole night out planned and ended up on my bedroom floor rocking and trying to lick the inside of a bag of cocaine to pieces. It's no way to live. Try to stop yourself tonight. Try to limit yourself. See if you can go an hour without drinking. Maybe half an hour. See if you can do it.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hey jake

don't pick up. you posted here for a reason this afternoon. why not log onto the october thread-we are all in the early days.you can do this
Old 10-02-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's only my 2nd day and it's killing me already. Anxiety attacks are insane. But I'm right there with you. Hopefully you log back on and are down to talk.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Zee

I'm actually going to log-off because logical explanations aren't what I want right now. I want oblivion. Bye.
I curious to know what kind of answer you wanted to hear from a recovery site?
Old 10-02-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You know what you need to do, Mung ... 'bout time to do it.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 10-02-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I'm hoping the guy gets that wasted he realises he has a serious problem.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm going to be honest with you here. I know you don't want logical, but there's only so long you can live the way you're living and get away with it. Yes, that's harsh. It's probably not what you want to hear... but you came here to SR and posted this, knowing that not one of us is going to say "yeah, man, go for it! Drink yourself into oblivion! Woo!" Want to know the reason why we won't say that? Because we care. We care about everyone who posts on this message board because we see ourselves in other posters, because we want to help those beat the struggle that we struggled with.

Now I'm going to get to the point. You're young. You have your whole life ahead of you. You can make this as difficult as you want to make it. You can choose to take the support of everyone here at SR and use it to your advantage. You can decide that you want to be sober and do everything in your power to achieve that. You can learn how to deal with your emotions and your depression and overcome it. You can be whoever you want to be... that choice is yours entirely and you are going to get from life what you expect from it; what you decide to do with it.

Everything comes down to choices and decisions. There is no secret to living a fulfilling, sober life. You just have to do it. I really, truly believe in you and I think you are an intelligent, wise young man. You just have to make a decision to change your life and stick by it.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

The hand of SR is extended Mung. All you have to do is take it. We ignore failure and reward success. Hope to see you back when you are ready.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Jake,

I am so sorry you feel the need to drink yourself into a coma, hope tomorrow you get back on track and eventually find some peace. Keep posting,

x
Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm sad to hear this Jake. I know you really wanted to make this attempt at Uni a success. You're a bright lad and you know what you need to do and what options are available to you. Maybe you could look into counselling through the Uni too. I consider myself very lucky because I was able to continue going to work while I was quitting drinking, but it was a struggle and I had to make my life as quiet as possible... I hope that you don't have to take time out to stay sober, I know it's tough with so much activity around you but I think you may be getting into serious trouble if you don't get and stay sober soon. If you are really struggling maybe it's best to just get out of Uni now rather than risk your health x
Old 10-02-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Come back, Jake. You signed on for a reason. You're not finished trying to reclaim your life. You've had a setback. You can learn from it and never go back in that dark place again.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

MM, we do understand what you're going through.

We're here for you when you're ready.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

If logic won't work, then how about this?: you are going to feel worse in the morning.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Jake,

I hope you are not too hard on yourself in the aftermath of this. Take care.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
AA member

Your way dosent seem to be working very well.Perhaps it is time for you to try AA.

I hope you find your way back to SR soon.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Whenever you get through come on back if you would like to get out of that vicious cycle. We have all felt that desperation and self disgust. Why else would we go through detox, PAWS, and the initial embarrassment of needing help to the point of going to meetings we swore we never would.

It is a PITA to be a drunk, and a PITA to get sober. Flip a coin when you feel the urge. Here is the coin I used that got me through the first three months of sobriety, along with here on SR.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
24hourcoin.jpg (14.9 KB, 180 views)
Old 10-02-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's some great advice here Jake, but then there always is .

I spent many years scared of change, scared of being different, scared of responsibility scared of measuring up, scared of being liked...and my only solution was drink and drugs.

I needed better solutions.
You do too Jake.

I really hope you decide to look for them.

I really agree with Mrs King...You can make this as difficult as you want to make it.
It's not fun to get to 40 like I did and look back at 20 years of wreckage.

D