Notices

New here!

Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here!

Hello all! I'm 30 years old, and have been struggling with alcohol for the better part of 15 years. I had a brief stint of sobriety that lasted from 7/2011 to 10/2011. To make things tougher, my GF/Fiance of 11 years split up 4 months ago, and now my drinking has gotten completely out of control. My and ex and I would drink every day, which didn't help.
I'd like my sobriety to start today. My life has been in complete dissary the last 4 months, even more than before. I've been depressed, as I had to cut my losses with my ex, and I'm living back at my parents, which deepens and has encouraged more drinking to mask the pain.
I've browsed the site, and really like the positive community out there. I know I'm not the only struggling to get back on track.
My true passion is fishing, both fresh and salt. I also enjoy tying my own trout jigs to fish the streams here in NJ.
Time to saddle up and hang on for the ride!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Live1nce.....I guess if I was starting today I would do two things....Talk to my doctor honestly about the safest way to detox....And coming up with a recovery plan I could commit to whether it be rehab...AA....AVRT....SMART or whatever you think might be a good fit for you. Glad you're here....Great place for online support.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Live1nce!

It's never too late to turn your life around. I've been to some very low bottoms before, but have managed to climb back up. SO CAN YOU!!

There are a lot of great people on this site with tons of knowledge and experience. Feel free to post what ever is on your mind. There is always someone with helpful insight ready to reply!!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the site! Lots of support and good info here.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Live1nce
Have you got your Doc dialed in with the info an how much you drank so he can be ready to intervene if you have medical issues? That can make all the difference. I had my Doc, in hospital detox, support from family and friends, Counseling and AA and most importantly in my later sobriety here on SR. Have you given much thought to a recovery plan using more than one thing to help up your odds?

You have done the right first step coming here and reading a lot and now posting. Keep posting as you can go to your early posts later on and be amazed at the difference in your own perspective. As well you can join the class of October 2012 that is forming now and mutually support and be supported by folks in the same time frame of sobriety you are.

Welcome again, and I look forward to seeing you posting here!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome glad you're here.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Live1nce x
Old 10-01-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great advice here
Welcome to SR Live1nce - look forward to see you around

D
Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your kind words and support! I'm on day 2 of recovery, and feeling great. It takes me back to when I stopped before. It's nice not come to work with a hangover, and actually be productive. I'm not sure I'm ready for AA just yet. When I stopped last time, I did it cold turkey, but got over confident, and ruined by celebrating 3 months with a beer?!?!?!?!
Not this time! I'm in for the long haul. I already have 2 DUI's, and had am lucky not to have a third. I'm using that "luck" as motivation not to drink again. I will be sure to post in the October forum as much as possible. I really enjoy reading all the positive posts!