He did put the dog down

Old 09-28-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He did put the dog down

I just wanted to come on quickly and tell everyone that I forced AH to put the dog down today and that I called the vet to schedule her to come to the house around noon. He told me was planning on doing it anyway after he saw what bad shape she was in yesterday but didn't want to tell me because he thought I'd ruin our son's weekend if I spilled the beans to him too early and ruined his tennis tournament. He took her to the park on a make shift trolley and gave her a picnic in the shade before the vet showed up. He loved that dog dearly, too, and I'm glad he saw that it needed to be done.

I have no idea why he had to be so difficult about it, though, and was very hurt that he couldn't just tell me what he was planning to do. I'm not happy about his tactics, but that's what you get with an alcoholic. I'm just glad the dog is happy and at peace and running with her sister across the Rainbow Bridge. I'm sad for our loss, too.

As for the previous thread that was closed. I want to thank Hydrogirl for closing the thread. I was starting to feel like a criminal. I am having a horrible week; between the dog, my AH and his black out crap and then AA proclamation, and then my son having some issues with schoolwork, etc. I'm tired, I'm sucked dry, and I shouldn't have posted here to begin with. I apologize for bringing such a sensitive subject to the boards.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss and your week. Prayers for a peaceful weekend and successful tennis tournament!
~T
Old 09-28-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear Liz I want to say that I am so sorry for your loss--I went through same thing last year with my german shepard and I know what a hard thing it is.

I am so relieved to hear that you made a stand for the dog. Sometimes when there is a painful decision to be made--we need the ones who care about us to tell us straight to our face the moral thing to do.

You can sure tell that this is a board full of animal lovers!! And people who really want to help you.

I hope that the rest of the week becomes easier for you and yours.

I am glad that you posted!!!

dandylion
Old 09-28-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for finding the strength to do the right thing. You've now got another guardian angel looking out for you.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for taking care of your dog. I'm glad to know that she's at peace now. I'm sorry you felt you were being treated like a criminal. It is a sensitive subject and I think everyone who posted only wanted the best for your dog. I hope your week gets better.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Having just lost our furry love and life-lover, I know that pain. It's sometimes hard to know when it is the right time. We can't decide that for anyone but ourselves.

I'm sorry. It's sad when we lose them . . . I know!
Old 09-29-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. I know much it hurts to say goodbye. Dogs provide such unconditional love and loyalty. I hope he's up there playing with my dog Cooper. God will take good care of them until we get there.

Hugs...
Old 09-29-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm deeply sorry for your loss, Liz. (((Hugs)))
Old 09-29-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
..... I apologize for bringing such a sensitive subject to the boards.
No worries, lizatola These boards are for the specific purpose of sharing sensitive subjects. Unfortunately, some people direct their pain into anger and use it to hammer on those who are going through a weak time in their lives. That's why we have Moderators and why we close threads and sometimes ask people to leave.

I've heard a saying; that if you spend too much time living with wolves you end up acting like a wolf. I believe it applies to alcoholic bullies. If somebody spends too much time living with an alcoholic bully they start acting like a bully.

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 09-29-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Old 10-01-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

As for the previous thread that was closed. I want to thank Hydrogirl for closing the thread. I was starting to feel like a criminal. I am having a horrible week; between the dog, my AH and his black out crap and then AA proclamation, and then my son having some issues with schoolwork, etc. I'm tired, I'm sucked dry, and I shouldn't have posted here to begin with. I apologize for bringing such a sensitive subject to the boards.
Please. Don't apologize. Mike said it way more nicely than I will. People get triggered and take it out on the poster. At least you didn't freak out and tell them all to kiss your angry a$$, which is what I did consistently when I first came here. Got plenty of threads locked.

He took her to the park on a make shift trolley and gave her a picnic in the shade before the vet showed up. He loved that dog dearly, too, and I'm glad he saw that it needed to be done.
This is wonderful. I'm glad he got to say goodbye before helping her transition.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesertEyes View Post
No worries, lizatola These boards are for the specific purpose of sharing sensitive subjects. Unfortunately, some people direct their pain into anger and use it to hammer on those who are going through a weak time in their lives. That's why we have Moderators and why we close threads and sometimes ask people to leave.

I've heard a saying; that if you spend too much time living with wolves you end up acting like a wolf. I believe it applies to alcoholic bullies. If somebody spends too much time living with an alcoholic bully they start acting like a bully.

Mike
Moderator, SR
Mike, while I respect you , I think that sometimes it is pain that causes posters to lash out. In my case, it was pain, not anger.

And then pain again, and maybe some shame , after reading this.

Have a peaceful day. Katie
Old 10-01-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Liz -
please accept my sympathy in the loss of your beloved pet ~

I pray that you & your family have a much better week - full of joy, peace, laughter, serenity, sanity and Recovery ~

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So sorry Liz, try to do something good for you and your son.