Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi I've got 59 days sober. I did it once before for a year, but looking back I realize I only did it to put myself in check and learn to "control" it. That control obviously didnt last long. My marriage is on the verge of being over. It's like something finally clicked in my brain I don't want booze, I honestly have no desire to drink and that's scaring the hell out of me. My entire world revolved around when I would finally get to have a beer, and now if I think about its like thinking about drinking a bottle of pee. Is this a newbie thing is the euphoria got.g to wear off? This feels to easy like some kind of relapse bomb is going to go off and I'm not gonna be ready. I do have a support system outside of this site. Has anyone ever felt lime this??
Old 09-27-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

59 days is awesome
Old 09-27-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome LotusJemm

I'd tried to quit many many times...I'd always gone back - so yes...I had a lot of doubt in my own ability to stay sober - but at the the same time I was determined not to drink again.

I really worked hard at staying sober - I made some big changes in my life - what AAers call people place and things...and I made a daily commitment not to drink.

I also spent a lot of time here

If you don't want to drink - and you're prepared to do however much work is required to back that up, there's no reason why you won't stay sober LJ

D
Old 09-27-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I was having the feeling of "if somethings seems to good to be true........" I will stay focused on the positive of sobriety and not the negative what ifs I cant control. Very glad to have found this site