Notices

I made 13 days then all went downhill...

Old 09-27-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I made 13 days then all went downhill...

Yep I made 13 days felt great then thought yeah I can have a few with the neighbours just to fit into the mood...caught hubby getting close with my then friend, asked him to come home and he said theres nothing to it your just not fun anymore. I believed it and tonight thought maybe it's me I'm so wound up have a couple with them (her and him) and relax, so I as usual got stuck with the kids put them to bed and thought i'll go next door and get hubby, there he was leg drapped over hers rubbing her back and she in my opinion looked to be kissing him. I storm in and they deny everything. Hmm how dumb am I (again).

1. to think I could get sober while hubby drinks himself stupid everyday
2. so obvious to me now all the small things i've seen them do
3. why do I worry about them when I should be focusing on the new me

I've got to stop trying to make others happy and start with myself.

New day tomorrow and the real ME lives again. I'm dreading when hubby wakes up but I can't keep avoiding the obvious.....

Day 1 starts again........
Old 09-27-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's a handful Kath.....It's hard enough doing this with support. I think the best way for you to be able to deal with this is without alcohol....Sending you prayers for strength.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you didn't murder that tramp.

It's time for both you and "dear ol hubby" to stop drinking.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you're going through this. That does not sound like an easy situation to deal with at all.

Drinking will not make anything any better in the long run so I'm glad you're starting day 1 again. Keep going and stay strong.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rest assured, people can get sober regardless of their surroundings. I knw several folks in AA with quality sobriety who got and stayed sober while their spouses or relatives continue their alcoholic lifestyle. Its an inside job. Have you ever considered AA?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

58 days today. I once had 7 years 9 months and 23 days. it works if you work it! i did not work it. What a struggle getting back, it has taken me almost a decade to get back here and much pain and suffering for my family, friends & myself. We all have today. God Bless, stay close & WORK IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is really a tough thing for you to go thru. Do your best to be strong.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grazfather View Post
58 days today. I once had 7 years 9 months and 23 days. it works if you work it! i did not work it. What a struggle getting back, it has taken me almost a decade to get back here and much pain and suffering for my family, friends & myself. We all have today. God Bless, stay close & WORK IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to SR and welcome backi grazfather! Congrats on 58 days!!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Kath 1 day is not a fail unless you continue to drink. Remember 2 weeks with no drink! Your doing great. Think about you! I learned forget about my sons mother all I think about now is my son and me. What ever she does is her business and I don't care because all it will do is try to give me the EXCUSE. Which I will not let my problems do me in with being sober. Today is a new day! =))
Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are going through this Kath. I agree that being sober puts you in the best position & I think you are right to focus on the most important thing, which is you and your health!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Kath, so sorry you're going through this. Your husband sounds really immature and unsupportive, but don't let him wreck your recovery. If there really is something going on between he and your friend you're going to need to be sober to deal with all the crap. She doesn't sound like much of a friend.He knows just how to push your buttons too, claiming you're no fun just when you're successful at quitting and trying to make it all your fault. Have you considered counseling at all?

Don't worry about the slip, just start again and move forward with your plan. Get your support from SR as you need it.