Notices

Weasel1966 (Today)

Old 09-27-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Weasel1966 (Today)

I am one of those people that likes to observe the obvious. Why? I don't know... It's just me.

I have observed the thank you's that we put to posts.

When I use them they have different meanings for me.

When it's my post I typically try to use them for every response. If people took the time to post back they deserve a thank you from me. Regardless of the viewpoint. I want the variations.

Posts where you can feel the pain come through... Those are tough... My thank you is a big hug or an arm on the shoulder to comfort in some small way.

Day count posts I am there to congratulate you!

Struggling posts... To root you on. Encourage you to treat your self good.

Then there are posts that I struggle to comprehend. Not because I don't understand the words but because the situation is one I could not imagine for myself. A place no one would want to be. I thank you because of empathy.

Some thank indiscriminately.... Others with careful selection.

Doesn't really matter I suppose. When you show support for me know it is appreciated. Be it a return post, pm, thank you, or simply reading my shares.

Weasel1966 (Today)
Old 09-27-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice post....
Old 09-27-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Ken....I have a question for you...Last week you had a post you were going to some meetings....Did you ever check them out?...If so....What did you think of them?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I couldn't agree more...well said.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sapling... Yes I went. I have more schedule for tomorrow and sat and Sunday.

The jury is out on the way that works for me but I am putting my heart Ito every thing I can at the moment. The right combination will rise to the top as what's most comfortable. The only option not on the table is drinking.

Thanks for asking.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good on the not drinking part....Could you relate to the people at all?...On anything you heard?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The people... Essentially yes. We all drank. We can share about common experiences. Perhaps even common motivators.

To say I can relate to them if we had no idea we both drank. No. That's not a requirement for anything. If it was then my prejudgment a of many things would fall flat. It's simply a first impression. So repeat business is needed.

I am trying different groups in different city's. different socioeconomic situations as well. There are big divides on Long Island unfortunately.

I listened. Could I speak? Lol well... No. For someone who is comfortable speaking in front of people I could nearly say hello to anyone. Paralyzed.

K
Old 09-27-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I admire your openmindedness and courage....For giving it an honest try....You never know...Maybe something will click. Just keep moving forward without alcohol Ken...That's what it's all about.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Definitely try out different meetings to see which ones may feel like the right fit. I found I didn't like the big social meetings. Felt more like high school to me, clicks, the popular kids, and I was once again thrust into feeling like an outsider and the nerdy kid. didn't work for me. But the "down and dirty" ones I was able to relate to. So I'd be there in my blue suit, with all the rough and tumble people, and felt right at home!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks sapling. I came to the conclusion through the pain of failure that any option I never tried and have the gaull to reject means I am not serious about taking care of myself. There's nothing more to be put to it for me than that.

Pip.... I will take the rough and tumble any day. It reminds me of the bar scene... Lol.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Talking about putting people in bottles....:>

Glad to see you doing so well Kenx