Notices

Day #2 - Exhausted :(

Old 09-27-2012, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day #2 - Exhausted :(

If only it was a stomach flu or head cold. Then I wouldn't feel so guilty skipping work. But, here I am in the parking lot steeling my nerve to spend the day working and pretending nothing is wrong when I would rather be sleeping for days, it feels like. Funny, couldn't sleep a wink last night but now I feel like if I closed my eyes while walking I'd be in REM.

Any advice to help me through this day?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

If you can take the day off, I would. In fact I would take a couple.

And if you cant I am sorry, Just keep telling yourself you will get through it. And get home and rest.. Sorry not much help, sending you good thoughts and energy..
Old 09-27-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear this. I would recommend remembering this feeling when a really bad craving hits you. I use those memories to remind me of why I stopped.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's definitely a good motivator if nothing else. I think I will start that journaling tactic tonight so I can keep this feeling fresher in my memory. So easy to forget the sucky side of alcohol!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't understand quitting drinking and detoxing while going to work. I'm glad you quit but the timing sure doesn't make it easy on you. I don't know what your drinking history is....But for myself I spent five days in bed with medical supervision and medication. There are people here that have done what you are doing and made it through it...I guess you're going to have to muscle it....But if you are lurking out there and thinking about quitting....Take this post into consideration.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

It's the consciousness that makes it so hard, IME. I mean I probably battled through much worse hangovers than I did the effects of early sobriety. But mentally sobriety was harder because I had to live in 'real' time.

You can do it. I felt much better, very quickly.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SSIL75 View Post
I probably battled through much worse hangovers than I did the effects of early sobriety.
I don't think that held true for me.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Gratefully Sober

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I don't understand quitting drinking and detoxing while going to work. I'm glad you quit but the timing sure doesn't make it easy on you. I don't know what your drinking history is....But for myself I spent five days in bed with medical supervision and medication. There are people here that have done what you are doing and made it through it...I guess you're going to have to muscle it....But if you are lurking out there and thinking about quitting....Take this post into consideration.
Not everybody has the option of staying home from work... I dont... Im starting to realize that my drinking is getting out of hand again and know that i will have to make a decision soon.. in my case I dont think I will feel any worse the first few days than I do now.... staying up late drinking and then dragging my self to work... on my feet for 7 hours then back home to start the whole process.
I dont have the luxury of staying home from work.. Im single and barely making it as it is.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobern2003 View Post
Not everybody has the option of staying home from work... I dont... Im starting to realize that my drinking is getting out of hand again and know that i will have to make a decision soon.. in my case I dont think I will feel any worse the first few days than I do now.... staying up late drinking and then dragging my self to work... on my feet for 7 hours then back home to start the whole process.
I dont have the luxury of staying home from work.. Im single and barely making it as it is.
If I didn't make sobriety my number one priority I'd be dead right now. Did I get myself into serious debt doing it....You bet. If you have to work through your detox and early recovery....Maybe you could plan the first two days for your weekend....I had already been fired from my job because of my drinking....Maybe that's why it was easier for me.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Drink lots of water or Gatorade, it will rehydrate you and give you a little energy. Worst case, make it through part of the day and go home sick-it will be more believable. Good luck!!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wish I could help but all I can say is just hang on the the thought that you will feel great one day. But dang let that take your eye off of "one day at a time".
My uncle always said "I would rather feel good all the time instead of just for a little while" one day we will not feel good all the time if we take it day by day.
It will drag but this day will be over and you can hit the sack hard!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I can relate, I have never slept so much in my life as I have this week and I honestly thought I had the flu. Obviously not. There is a vitamin water called revive. They actually promote it to help with hangovers but it has all the stuff in it to rehydrate and boosts up the energy. It has electrolytes, potassium, b and c vitamins. It really helps and you can find it anywhere. Sleep when you can and eat well!