Notices

Day 4... Fells Good

Old 09-26-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4... Fells Good

This is day 4. So far during the day I feel great, work is so much more enjoyable, the evenings with my husband are way more enjoyable, and I actually remember what we talk about at dinner and the movies we watch. It's great. The nights still stink though. I am still having a really hard time sleeping, crazy nightmares, and sweating like crazy!!! I can not wait for this to stop! Suprisingly, there have been no urges to stop by the store or to drink yet. My big test is going to be this weekend when we go to Athens for the football game. We have season tickets and have had a hotel for this game for 8 months. We have a plan though. Friday when we get there after work we will go to a nice dinner (wine free!), wake up early and Saturday and enjoy the botanical gardens there (rather than binge drink at the tailgates), and then we will stop by a few tailgates to see some friends, have a coke and then head tothe game. After, instead of hitting the bars we are going to a show. Wish me luck! This will be ONE HECK OF A TEST!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good plan, ginger - to keep very busy & distract yourself from thoughts of drinking. It sounds like you have all those tempting moments well covered! Proud of you.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Best of luck ginger. Can you rely on our husband to support you if temptations get strong. Meaning for me, my wife doesn't have an issue drinking, so I know can rely on her during these type of urges if e are together. Effectively, being with her took away a great deal of the risk.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like one heck of a day...Well planned too...Have fun!!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rebmeM

Sounds like a lot of fun!! Like it has been echoed before, it sounds like you will have the temptations covered. You can do it!!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Needsassistance View Post
Best of luck ginger. Can you rely on our husband to support you if temptations get strong. Meaning for me, my wife doesn't have an issue drinking, so I know can rely on her during these type of urges if e are together. Effectively, being with her took away a great deal of the risk.
He is very supportive. I doubt he will drink the entire weekend. He has offered to quit with me. Alcohol is everywhere, so unless I want to live as a hermit, I need to learn to adapt and be around it. If not, I need new family and friends!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh I know! was trying to share that when I have been with my wife in those high octane alchohol settings, she has helped me through in these early stages of recovery. She isn't an alcoholic, I am. She thinks abut booze differently than I do, whic has helped me as a support when we have gone to football. Gmes etc. sounds like you're going to have a good time!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just realized that I put "fells good" not feels good. Ha, and I'm sober!!