Notices

No Matter What Club

Old 09-25-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HtWn $KILL$

No Matter What Club

Today was a pretty good day, I didn't do anything at all which is probably why. I did get my ass off the couch and got to a meeting. I still called my sponsor, Prayed, and talked to another alcoholic. I'm trying to put as much effort into my recovery as i did in my addiction. If i can do that i will succeed. We all know how hard we worked to get that next drink or drug I hate this fu%king disease, and im going to do everything i can to **** it off. By going to meetings, calling my sponsor, and every other action that is suggested to me. The last few days when i write my name, sober date, and phone number down on the sign in sheet at meetings. I have been getting depressed as hell. "Why did i **** it up." "Am i crazy?!?" Well ya you are crazy dude. Your a damn alcoholic. My sponsor said "getting mad at an alcoholic for drinking is like getting mad at an alligator eating a gazelle." Pretty much quite beating myself up about it, and be extra proud at my new dry date. I could still be out there killing myself, and hurting others, but I'm not! Today i choose to stay sober and stick with the actions everyday! Even if i don't want to, i gotta keep doing it, or its my ass. I have to join the "No matter what club!" No matter what don't take a drink. I cant expect anybody to cheer me on for being sober. Nobody gives a ****, there are people out there every day who stay sober and nobody is throwing them a parade, so why am i special? I have to always remember nobody can take my sobriety away from me and it is MINE! I am grateful for AA and you guys today! Without you this would be much harder i promise. I love all you guys and everyone will be in my prayer's. peace
Old 09-25-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I want to join that club! I'm taking it one day at a time, and like you said, I wont drink no matter what! Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
HtWn $KILL$

hahaha JOIN UP!! hell ya man one day at a time is all it takes. good luck!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

MBM loved your post. You sound extremely determined. It doesn't sound to me at all like you did "nothing" today. You went to a meeting, talked to your sponsor, etc. Thats awesome! I wanna be in the club too.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR MurkedByMarx....I have a question for you...Why do you have to sign in when you go to meetings?.....And if I could give you a couple suggestions it would be to study the first 103 pages of the Big Book and have your sponsor show you how to do what it says. Glad you are here!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Curious about this too. I've never signed in anywhere.
Well, regardless, glad you're back in and doing what needs to be done.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
HtWn $KILL$

While reading the preamble and traditions, a book goes around that we all put our name, sobriety date, and phone number in. I have done it at every meeting around town. I think it may be either for service work, or if a newcomer needs some numbers to call. I will ask today. thanks for asking cause i honestly don't know, ill find out for ya.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Never heard of that. I think I did sign something when I first joined my homegroup...So we a had a directory of who was in it....First name...Last initial...Phone and sobriety date.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My sponsor said "getting mad at an alcoholic for drinking is like getting mad at an alligator eating a gazelle."

I love that -- it oddly makes me feel a little more accepting of who I am/who we all are. We can't change the fact we have a disease, just what we do with it.