Notices

Feeling really good!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Feeling really good!

Well the 8th day of no drinking is almost over and I have to say that I'm surprised at how good I feel, especially mentally. The things that I worried about/got upset about before, while I was drinking, really don't seem to be a big deal right now. I was so emotionally-unstable before, would get upset/cry at the drop of a hat, over-think EVERYTHING...and I look at myself differently now. It's like my self-esteem shot up or something. That's the only way I can describe it. It's like I looked in the mirror and said to myself "Ya know what? You're not that bad of a person. In fact, you're a pretty cool person" lol. I guess it's knowing that I've gotten this far (which compared to some, isn't very far, but, I've not gone this long since I started drinking). I'm not 100% feeling back to normal yet, but it can only get better ( I hope). I don't know what the future holds, and I can only hope that I never go back, but at the present, I have no want/need to get intoxicated at all :-). It was such a waste of time and life...
Old 09-25-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I know exactly what you mean, Carly. I used to live on the verge of tears, too - I just never equated the depression and anxiety with my drinking.

Glad you're leaving all that behind. And it really does keep getting better!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can relate, too, Carly, and like artsoul I just wanted to say that yes, it does get better!

Congratulations on achieving a new you