Notices

Let's Keep Going and Growing....

Old 09-25-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Let's Keep Going and Growing....

I have found to love many things about the AA program and in this journey to a sober life. This also includes the wonderful site of SR in this sharing and caring process.

So of the the greatest things about AA and SR is the sharing. Sharing is such a wonderful thing because in doing so the more you share and put out their of your story, the more you get and have in return. In my drinking career I really didnt do much sharing, I thought I did. Ohhh I really thought I did. But in all reality I was only sharing misery, and putting on the front that I was just for the most part great and my life is awesome. Sharing that greatness with a shot and beer in hand at all times. My whole world was revolved around the bar and the bottle. As I have come to learn , I lied about it all due to I became ashamed of what I had become and was so selfish and self serving that I just lived in the fog. But when I first entered into to AA and came here the first thing I found was sharing. I heard everyone talking openly and frankly about their experiences with hospitals, jails, and all the same messes I traveled thru. How we all can relate to the heavy sadness, sorrow, and fear that when "coming to" would race threw our bodies each day. And weigh on our mind and shoulders like a ton of bricks. And now threw AA I get to share it with people that are not drunk at the bar with me, but sober and truly with me. We want to be together to share and grow.

And with way I am being shown and taught to a new spiritual freedom. I can have a contact with my Higher Power. And with that promises I thought to be impossible anymore can become a viable source in my life. I will become totally free to laugh all of my laughter, free to trust and most importantly be trusted to my word by other people,free to give and receive help. I will be able to live freely from shame and regret ,free to learn and grow and work in and out of AA. I will leave that lonely,painful,frightening train ride thew my life that became hell. And finally I will be able to accept the gift of a safer,happier journey threw this life. Please join me, look forward to seeing you all on your own road to serenity. And to you all that found it, thank you for helping me and others get there.

Enjoy today that is what we have.!!!!

And of course Smile cause Sobriety looks good on You.....

Good love, Inda
Old 09-25-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well that time of the evening..

Time to go make the coffee, I love my home group...

Have a wonderful evening all, and stay on the beam..