Notices

Giving Back

Old 09-24-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HtWn $KILL$

Giving Back

Had a great day today. Took a meeting out to a hospital where some people were detoxing. Man it was good for me, because i got to see where i was. I was in those same rooms not too long ago detoxing, and people brought meetings to us. It was good to give back, and actually be the person bringing the meeting to them. All in all it was a great day. Stayed sober for one more day, and i get to do it all over again tomorrow. One day at a time, that's all it takes. I love AA and i love recovery. I couldn't as for anything more today. Life is good, and the friends i have made in AA are awesome. I thank my higher power for you guys, and everything he has done for me today.

*Prayer*
God allow people to treat me tomorrow, exactly how i treated them today.

Keep coming back.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Love these Pay It Forward stories. Good for you to give the gift of hope to others
Old 09-24-2012, 09:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the inspiring post MBM!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank You! I really enjoy the positive.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
HtWn $KILL$

Thank you guys. I love my new family in recovery and if it wasn't for you guys i would not be as happy as i am today!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Originally Posted by MurkedByMarx View Post
Had a great day today. Took a meeting out to a hospital where some people were detoxing. Man it was good for me, because i got to see where i was. I was in those same rooms not too long ago detoxing, and people brought meetings to us. It was good to give back, and actually be the person bringing the meeting to them. All in all it was a great day. Stayed sober for one more day, and i get to do it all over again tomorrow. One day at a time, that's all it takes. I love AA and i love recovery. I couldn't as for anything more today. Life is good, and the friends i have made in AA are awesome. I thank my higher power for you guys, and everything he has done for me today.

*Prayer*
God allow people to treat me tomorrow, exactly how i treated them today.

Keep coming back.
Love it keep it up...

And I try to do at least one thing everyday for someone and dont tell a soul. My sponsor got me doing that a while back and I love it..
Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I enjoy hearing when someone has a good day. It gives me hope.

Good show giving back like that.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I will have a good day from reading your post
Thanks
Old 09-25-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
HtWn $KILL$

Thank you guys for being there for me! I hope everyone had a good day. I thank god for keeping me sober today, i know for sure it wasn't my will doing that haha. Thanks again Fam.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good to hear
Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

You know in my own early recovery, those that just had a few weeks or so longer than I had, were more interesting to me, than those with 'long time' recovery of say a year or more, lol

Why? I wanted to know how they got past whatever I was experiencing at the moment and in my addled brain they were much 'closer' to me than someone with a year or more. Later in my recovery, as I hit 60 days, 90 days, 6 months, I realized that I was not the only one who felt that way. I really started to understand what 'PLAY IT FORWARD' really meant!!!!

So, with all that said, GOOD FOR YOU (((((MBM))))) for starting early in your recovery to 'Play It Forward' you are helping more folks than you realize!!!!

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 09-26-2012, 03:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
You know in my own early recovery, those that just had a few weeks or so longer than I had, were more interesting to me, than those with 'long time' recovery of say a year or more, lol

Why? I wanted to know how they got past whatever I was experiencing at the moment and in my addled brain they were much 'closer' to me than someone with a year or more.
I went through the same thing. I remember thinking what an incredible milestone a month would be....And I'd hang on to these people just to get there. I think getting a sponsor and meeting people with 20 and 30 years is when I realised the wisdom available there. But I thank those people early on...Some of them I don't even know where they are.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
HtWn $KILL$

I am the same way. I really look hard at those people with a month or two hahaha. I never thought about it but you made me think. It's true man, because those people are closer to feeling what you are than anyone else. the guy with 30 years may have forgotten how he felt a month into it. I don't know. But that is very true laurie! Thanks for helping me stay sober today!