Update on ex-inlaws visiting

Old 09-23-2012, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on ex-inlaws visiting

Well surprise surprise....

I posted earlier in the weekend about a disturbing phone call I got from my ex's brother in law that he was bringing the whole family out to visit and they wanted to see my son.

Guess what? It should be no surprise, but just like their addict son/brother, they never showed, never called.

Good thing I didn't tell my son about their plans to visit.

Some people in this world are just plain toxic.

But no harm came from it. They never showed up. Obviously, my ex is not the only unreliable loser in his family. I can only hope my son did not inherit that gene from that side of his family.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Oh, I am so glad you didn't tell your son! Sounds like you had some Divine intervention looking out for your son and you!

One positive is.....now you have your answer if they call again in this decade!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Still Standing

I am so glad that you were smart enough not to tell your son, so that he wasn't devastated with disappointment. It seems that we can't count on anyone these days. The ex-brother in law probably made these plans without consulting the rest of the family, anyway. I know alot of people that do that.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How rude and inconsiderate.

My in laws have a habit of turning up several hours late and it makes me so mad.
We all sit round for hours waiting for them to arrive and when they do, their excuse is 'we saw a castle we wanted to visit' or 'we went to a carboot sale'.

They don't phone or text to explain.
We have had meals runied that have overcooked.
We have had to cancel plans with others that we might have made for later on in the day.

My solution now is that I don't see them unless really necessary.Our other solution is that if my other half and daughter want to see them or have to see them, then they go to their house, so we do not waste a precious day at the weekend when we work all work all week.

My situation is different to yours, but you have my every sympathy.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Hello-Kitty)))
I've been thinking about you ever since you posted on the in-laws.

I didn't know how to respond. One thing if the ex were not involved. But their staying with him, really complicated things. Especially with a child your child's age.
I was putting myself in your shoes. Have been there. Wanted some normalcy for my kids. They also wanted what many of their friends had.

It didn't happen! At the time, it was sad and felt bad. But I wanted to share with you, my feelings today. I am so darn grateful! Not having "family" that is sick and dysfunctional, is far better then having them!

I am happy, that this didn't cause more chaos for you and your child! Take more of your time and energy.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Sorry about this and glad that you didn't say anything to your son. You are one smart mom!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

WHat a jerk!! Sorry this happened, but like the others, so thankful you didn't bother mentioning it to your son. People can be so hurtful!