Notices

Intoxication Nation

Old 09-23-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Intoxication Nation

Just wondering if anyone saw "Intoxication Nation," on 20/20 this week and what your thoughts were? It aired on Friday but it's up on Hulu for those that missed it.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I did watch it and it's so scary how some college kids actually WANT to black out. Black outs are the scariest thing I can't remember and precipitated my trip to detox last week. I thought kids were taught even more about drugs and alcohol than we were years ago. Society seems to play a large role in allowing this especially due to the name of that club "black out" something...I fear for my future children if I have any. And for all the college kids who will suffer harm because of excessive intoxication. Really sad.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I watched it and found it very sad....especially the college students

I also had not considered how dangerous it was to walk while drunk, usually thought of drinking and driving....scary stuff!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitforme79 View Post
I did watch it and it's so scary how some college kids actually WANT to black out. Black outs are the scariest thing I can't remember and precipitated my trip to detox last week. I thought kids were taught even more about drugs and alcohol than we were years ago. Society seems to play a large role in allowing this especially due to the name of that club "black out" something...I fear for my future children if I have any. And for all the college kids who will suffer harm because of excessive intoxication. Really sad.
I agree!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
I watched it and found it very sad....especially the college students

I also had not considered how dangerous it was to walk while drunk, usually thought of drinking and driving....scary stuff!
Yes, the walking part surprised me. Although I've definitely see people bite it hard while trying to walk drunk, they usually have semi-sober friends to help them, so it was definitely sad.