Notices

Day 4 and standing strong

Old 09-23-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and standing strong

Well, for the most part, I'm standing strong. Yesterday was a bit of a hurdle, especially since it was the weekend, my most favorite time to drink. But thanks to all of the support I'm finding here, I made it through the day without a drink.

I can't thank all of you enough.

BTW, Southerner, I actually slept through the night last night. I took some melatonin before bed, but I'm sure it was a combination of that and the walk you suggested that did the trick. Thank you! Evening walks are something I'm going to make a habit of.

It feels so good to wake up with a smile on my face today, having no regrets or hangovers! Sitting here with my morning coffee looking out the window at this beautiful day! Life is good!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so pleased for you. Life just gets better and better from here on xxx
Old 09-23-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Jeni! It feels good to feel good, doesn't it?
Old 09-23-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job Liz45...All you have to do is not drink today!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Doesn't a clear head first thing in the morning feel awesome? I am loving that. Melatonin helps me sleep when I need it too.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats to you Liz!

Waking up feeling refreshed is definitely a wonderfull thing!

Way to go!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratz Liz! Wishing you a happy, healthy sober week.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you! ALL of you for your support! This place rocks and so do you all!

HopingforZen, I'm glad you're having a good beginning, too! Stay strong!

everyone!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Liz45 View Post

BTW, Southerner, I actually slept through the night last night. I took some melatonin before bed, but I'm sure it was a combination of that and the walk you suggested that did the trick. Thank you! Evening walks are something I'm going to make a habit of.

It feels so good to wake up with a smile on my face today, having no regrets or hangovers! Sitting here with my morning coffee looking out the window at this beautiful day! Life is good!
I am overjoyed to hear that! Sleep is your best friend right now (next to food and good liquids). If you are able to get some decent sleep before Day 4, then you are going to be feeling FANTASTIC by mid-week. Keep eating well, drinking that tea, and doing small nice things for yourself. Indeed, walk a lot and keep your mind occupied on all the things you have not paid much attention to in the recent past.

During week 1, I found it really fun to go to a Starbucks or some public cafe, get a tea latte, and browse through a book while watching the people come and go. It gets you out, and it really is amusing and rewarding. Give that a try in the next few days. I bet you have fun doing it!

I am going for another long ride today, but I should be online later on. Keep me informed on how the day is going. Try making this the first best Sunday you have had in a long time!

Keep it up--I am proud of you!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good Morning, Southerner. Enjoying a good book while people watching sounds like a splendid idea! I may give that a try!

One thing is true, being outdoors makes you more intuitive to everything around you. We haven't gotten outside a lot in recent years and it really felt good, so that's on top of the list!

Enjoy your bike ride! Sounds like a good time!

Looking forward to catching up later! Have a fantastic day!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Excellent ! Well done!

Wonderful feeling isn't it?

And the weekends are tough for me too, and countless others no doubt
Old 09-23-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon Sugarfix! There is nothing like waking up feeling good! I've gotten so much accomplished already this morning, when if I'd had the rum last night, I wouldn't feel like hitting on much today.

Weekends are definitely going to be the hardest. As shameful as this is to admit, I'd probably have cracked open a bottle of rum about this time.
Instead I'm relaxing with a little glass of this delicious mango peach tea and glancing around at all the housework I've gotten done already.

We have the windows open today because the weather is beautiful and the breeze blowing through is so refreshing!

What a day! So glad to be here with people who know exactly how much more beautiful a day is without the hangovers. Not feeling like crap sure makes you appreciate a day like today a hundred fold!

Enjoy your day, Sugarfix!

Edited to say...I honestly cannot remember a weekend without a hangover, even just a small one. I feel so blessed today!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OK Liz so how is your day going? Day 4 is half over, and it sounds as though you are keeping the momentum going? That is so very good! The end of week 1 should be filling up your windshield as you are almost there!

I had a wonderful cycling session. Rode hard and feel very good. Now I am making some chili to accompany football and the cooler weather. What are you going to do for the rest of the day?

Are you starting to feel the benefits of putting that stuff behind you? You are physically, mentally, and emotionally stronger, and the world looks so much better.

I am proud of you...keep up the mango tea! I still need to go pick up some of that.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Good for you

First full weekend sober Check

Feeling positive about it Check

Came on and posted Check

On to a better life than you can imagine Priceless

Old 09-23-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon Sugarfix! There is nothing like waking up feeling good! I've gotten so much accomplished already this morning, when if I'd had the rum last night, I wouldn't feel like hitting on much today.

Weekends are definitely going to be the hardest. As shameful as this is to admit, I'd probably have cracked open a bottle of rum about this time.
Instead I'm relaxing with a little glass of this delicious mango peach tea and glancing around at all the housework I've gotten done already.

We have the windows open today because the weather is beautiful and the breeze blowing through is so refreshing!

What a day! So glad to be here with people who know exactly how much more beautiful a day is without the hangovers. Not feeling like crap sure makes you appreciate a day like today a hundred fold!

Enjoy your day, Sugarfix!

Edited to say...I honestly cannot remember a weekend without a hangover, even just a small one. I feel so blessed today!

Excellent! Am made up for you, it's brilliant !

And many more days like that ahead too
Old 09-23-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Southerner, It sounds like you had a nice bike ride and a nice evening ahead planned, too. Chili, Yum!

Feeling so much better today. A little craving today, but not too bad really!

Thank you so much for your support!

Our daughter and her family came by today and we cooked steaks and hotdogs on the grill. They just left a little while ago. I think in a few minutes I may put a movie on and do some cross-stitching.

I hope you enjoy the game and your team kicks butt!

IndaMiricale, Priceless indeed! Thank you so much!

Sugarfix, Many more days like this for all of us, I hope! Thank you for your support!

So much support here. It's really touching! Thank you all!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

That sounds like a great afternoon! Being around family and then unwinding is the perfect way to end this sober weekend. Enjoy that movie and the cross stitching. Got your tea with you?

Those little cravings do go away. From Jan to the last lapse, I had them fleetingly but they were not too hard to ignore. When I had those drinks on the airplane, I wouldn't even say I was craving it. It was just an instantaneous reaction that I immediately regretted, but I had already had that one... Happily enough, I have not had cravings this time around. Perhaps I am still just so darn mad at that stuff for tricking me again, I simply will not listen to it anymore. My life has so many wonderful things in it, and no room for that! So, ignore those little cravings, and if they get too bad just call out here and I will talk you through them.

Now you have a real streak going, so sail into this week full of energy and with a plan. The best I can say to get to Day 30 is stay busy, busy, busy. Even if you have to take 3 walks a day...don't sit around and get lonely or start thinking. That's when they start nagging at you. Again, that lessens with time.

Let me know how your evening and start of your week goes. Go Liz!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm so with you on ignoring those little cravings. It's just not worth the regret. I hope I'm not feeling over confident, but I truly feel strong right now!

The evening went well. The movie what kind of not so good. ;-) But, my husband and I watched together, which was nice!

I hope your game went the way you hoped and you had a nice evening, as well.

Thank you so much for your support. If I ever feel like I'm going to lose it with the self control, I know just who to give a shout out to. And the same invitation is open here. If you ever feel overwhelmed, just give me a holler!

I will take your advice about staying busy and run with it! I appreciate all the advice you've given and you haven't steered me wrong yet!

Here's to a great start to this week! Enjoy!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I hope your game went the way you hoped and you had a nice evening, as well.
I think Southerner has the same football team I do...If so...It was a heart breaker. Keep going Liz...You're doing great!!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I think Southerner has the same football team I do...If so...It was a heart breaker. Keep going Liz...You're doing great!!
Does your team have an R, a G, and a 3?