Notices

Weight loss! And thoughts on Day 8

Old 09-21-2012, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weight loss! And thoughts on Day 8

I have lost over half a stone in just 7 days!

That's a good amount of weight!

Day 8 today! This is making me really happy!

And tonight, there are 14 of us going to a restaurant, all friends and a really nice gang of people.. there will be lots of drink about as after the meal everyone will be drinking, however, my boyfriend said he will stay on soft drinks with me too and we will just go to enjoy the company. I will drive.

I am pretty sure I wont give into temptation, I might even write on the inside of my hand a little memo to myself reminding me why I need to stay sober.

Happy Friday everyone !
Old 09-21-2012, 02:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Many congratulations!

When I went from January to August (prior to my last binge), I lost 35 pounds. I went from 224 to around the high 180s. Of course, a lot of that was also due to the intense cycling that I picked back up, but the other part was really good nutrition and no empty calories. My last binge did not last long, so it did not affect my weight. It is fantastic to hear about this. It feels good, doesn't it? I don't think you will give into temptation. You have too many things turned around, it seems. Do something nice just for yourself this weekend!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Sugar... That's great!

As of this mornings weight in I lost 15 lbs. down to 168. I was always 165 for years and years... So I have 3 more to go.

Pretty sure I won't give in to temptation? That's not good enough odds for me. Something to consider. I wanna see you back here tomorrow and say day 9. I get on a high when I string a few together... That gives me a sense of security. Until.....

Stay stong. Have fun.

Ken
Old 09-21-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fabulous! Don't waste away now will you Sugar :>>

I can understand your joy and I am sure you will be fine this eve - what a fab supporting bf too:>
Old 09-21-2012, 04:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Sugar, day 8 for me too! I've been hitting the gym and eating healthy for a few months and now the booze has gone I'm a lean mean sober machine!

Enjoy your night out!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done sugarfix, what's it with me then..... all i do is frigging eat lol

Great news on day 8 and your half a stone loss x

Have a good day x
Old 09-21-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Weight loss is highly over-rated, said NBC as she wolfs down eggs benedict for breakfast! :rotfxko

Seriously, great job, everyone! I love to read all these great stories of success by you all. Way to go - keep moving onward and upward, beautiful people!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you Sugarfix! Think about changing your thoughts from "pretty sure" to "I'm sure"
Old 09-22-2012, 01:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

We changed our plans and spent most of the evening at a Car auction! Came home and we were both asleep (sober) by about 11pm!

Bought a Car, got an absolute bargain, so going to sell it now and make some cash - much more fun than waking up broke after being drunk all night! Oh.. an no hangover!

Though it was a bit of a stressful evening and so many times I thought to myself, it's Friday.. just one bottle....

.. and worse! I was on the phone for quite some time, and was doing doodles on a sketch pad... I was drawing bottles of Wine and Wine glasses! Obsessed much?!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I have nothing for ya LOL

Since I quit June of 2011, I have gained 20 pounds .. No drinking but I have ice cream instead.. Oh well
Old 09-22-2012, 01:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you! I would love to have a weight loss success story from not drinking. That's awesome!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Morning Sugar,

you do make me smile thanks - you could I'm sure sell 10 cars today with all that lovely energy that oozes out of your post...

Well done for Surviving Friday!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have gone from 11st 8lbs, to 10st 12lbs today.

Another 2lbs lost overnight!

It's funny how it affects us all differently isn't it?

Some of my friends don't gain weight on it at all, and others do! I was so envious of people who could drink and not gain weight - I am glad I do. It's the biggest incentive for me ever to keep off it really, which is pretty bad considering the bad and stupid things I do when I am drunk!
Old 09-22-2012, 02:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well done,I stoped drinking mainly for losing weight.Total weight loss for far must be 90 pounds.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good stuff, sugarfix.

Yes, in three weeks, I've lost three kilograms.

I've been drinking heaps of water and walking for at least half an hour every night.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

That's like a 1lb a day your loosing, that's amazing well done

Note to self: In order to loose weight one need to shift their big fat ar$e

Have a lovley sober day Sugar x
Old 09-22-2012, 03:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dorris View Post
That's like a 1lb a day your loosing, that's amazing well done

Note to self: In order to loose weight one need to shift their big fat ar$e

Have a lovley sober day Sugar x

haha! you will shift you @rse in time! Go easy on yourself... caffeing helps! I swear that's what's helping me lose the weight (makes sense really as diet pills are full of Caffeine)

I ate 4 scotch pancakes with salted butter on for my tea last night... mm.. I am living on a diet of Whispas, Bacon, Scotch pancakes and fags!

Just got the Car back from the auction house and dropped it into an MOT! Knowing our luck it will fail and cost loads to repair!

My boyfriend says he needs a drink now after driving it down the motorway without tax and insurance... because a Traffic police officer was right behind him!!

He doesn't mind staying sober with me! Which is good.. because if he does, he can pi$$ off
Old 09-22-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sugarfix View Post
I have gone from 11st 8lbs, to 10st 12lbs today.

Another 2lbs lost overnight!

It's funny how it affects us all differently isn't it?

Some of my friends don't gain weight on it at all, and others do! I was so envious of people who could drink and not gain weight - I am glad I do. It's the biggest incentive for me ever to keep off it really, which is pretty bad considering the bad and stupid things I do when I am drunk!
I am sure some publisher would love to use this to promote The Sugarfix Weight Loss Program. Maybe though we should keep this strategy a secret from the publicists?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

After 3 weeks my old jeans from 5 years ago just about fit me again..... A zip up vest - I could not zip it up because of my fat stomach - now I can zip it up. My ten year old hand made belt is down 2 nothches - I can see the marks on the bellt where I used to fasten my belt. But also I have been watching my diet for about a month - lots of fresh veg and fruit grains salad olive oil chicken etc. But I think the trick is not eating after 7pm and if I do its an apple or carrot or tomatoe salad etc. I have lost about 9 lbs.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sugar,
Well done! So happy for you Keep it up - you can do it. Try drawing pictures of all the lovely clothes you will now fit into