Bath Salts article

Old 09-20-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bath Salts article

On the PBS website, PBS: Public Broadcasting Service there is an extensive article on the new drug (new for the U.S.) marketed as bath salts. On the opening page of the PBS website, if you type "bath salts" into the search engine, you will be directed to the article.

Bath salts are a combination of chemicals which produces an intense drug state which is described as akin to combining methamphetamine and cocaine in one massive hit. The high is more intense and lasts much longer than that achieved by other stimulants.

Unfortunately, since drug addicts are propelled by a compulsive drive to get as high as possible and to maintain that high for as long as possible, bath salts will draw many users of the more common street drugs. They are easily available and cheap.

The article offers useful information.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think my granddma used to put bath salts into her bath. I guess she never thought to inhale.

Am I the only one who, until very recently, thought this bath salt addiction thing was, well, about bath salts?
Old 09-20-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

no, if i read the title of that article id be like...why would you inhale bathsalts? certainly it would be a little too chunky to get up there?...lol i think i prefer my reality to these things that what this new world is offering...i guess bath salts doesnt sound as dangerous as this stuff you sniff that will f&*% you up to no end...doesnt have as good a ring to it, and parents would be a little more alarmed when kids talked about it too...bath salts is a much better name...(rolling eyes and shaking heads...i can only hope that my kids stay well clear of this scene)
Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One of the things that make synthetic drugs attractive to people is that they cannot be detected on routine drug screens.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I absolutely thought when kids were taking bath salts, it was really bath salts......I just thought that they'd found another household product to abuse. This article is enlightening. Thanks for sharing it with us.