Notices

YOU ARE HERE. (very long)

Old 09-19-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

YOU ARE HERE. (very long)

You know the arrow on the map that points to where you are? Declaring "YOU ARE HERE!". I moved from arrow to arrow with hope and love. Eager to find my treasures. Experience it all.

My map was mountainous. Lush and green. With waterfalls and beauty that left me in awe. The sounds of everything new enveloped me. It was spectacular!

I wandered based on that first map and looked for the next....the next arrow to tell me where I was.

I spent time on the mountaintop. Finding my way and trying to see and feel everything I could. Take it all in. Played with everyone and everything. Felt more than i ever had before. It felt good.... So much fun i never wanted it to end.

I don't have much control over my map.... I mean, I can plant things and cultivate. I can change the scape slightly. But in general I have to plot a course from the location I am at.

I found that spending time changing my map is far less productive than experiencing it.

There are times I asked for directions. Been offered company. I jumped at the opportunity to be with friends. My travels are lonely. They always have been.

They showed me things I had never experienced before. Helped me get to arrows i never knew were there. Pointing me in this direction and then that direction.

By this time my mountains had turned to prairies. The colors had changed. Ya know at dusk when colors are not easy to see. When they blend into an unidentifiable murky color that eventually turns black. It was like that. I was scared. Afraid of the dark.

I needed to find my arrow. Quickly. Any arrow will do. Just has to be now.

There are times I found myself at the same arrow!!! Again and again! The same. I grew tired of trying. What's the use. I asked everyone I knew. They all told me the same directions. I followed them closely. Never left the path. And still..... Same arrow.

I grew to depend on the sameness.

Over time, I arrived at my arrow and noticed it was the same but different. It was familiar to me in every way. But something... Something told me it wasn't right. I kept going.

This one time I expected to arrive at my arrow. It was not there. Had I gone to far? Had I missed a turn? Why was no one I knew around me? If I don't have an arrow how will I ever find my way?

I did eventually find an arrow. It was not mine though. It was someone I knew long ago when my arrows were closer together.

Ken is that you? Where's your arrow? ...I don't know I exclaimed!... Here.... Borrow one of mine.

For me it felt far... With a new arrow, everything was new. It was so far, I thought I was lost , over and over, again and again. But I trusted. This friend. I kept going. Blind trust. I had to.

I must have climbed straight up! I looked down sometimes but that only made me dizzy and scared so I kept looking forward.

The next arrow was in sight. I could see it. This arrow could not be mine? Could it? I think it is! I have an arrow again! All mine and no one else's!

I looked around for my friend to return the arrow I borrowed. He was not around. He helped my find my way and i am soooo grateful! All i want to do is thank him.

Well,

Thank you SR.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Ken, that was lovely. I am a little verklempt now. Congratulations to you on finding the direction you need to go.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here's to finding our way. Also, here's to those who have helped us. Wonderful post!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Be seeing you, waving not drowning ...

Bestwishes, M
Old 09-19-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Had many thoughts and emotions today. None greater than thankfulness. So I sat down at lunch and this came out. Felt really good to post. I hope you enjoyed it.

I am thankful for SR and those not here that are helping me to find my way.

Always want to find the next arrow.

Ken
Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dearest Ken,

this is such a lovely philosophical read - a shining bright light, almost Pied Piper of Hamelinesque :>

I would follow your light any day :>
Old 09-19-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Vall..... Thank you so much!

Ken