Being Committed

Old 09-19-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Being Committed

Committed

Today, you are committed to something. What is it?

Are you committed to just getting by, to just getting through the day with as little effort as possible? Or are you committed to something greater, something magnificent and exciting and fulfilling?

Whatever you’re truly committed to, is exactly what you’ll achieve. Whatever you’re truly committed to, determines the kind of life that you lead.

Within you is a vision that longs to be brought to life. It’s a vision that deserves your full commitment.

Commitment to your most profound vision is not easy, and will ask much of you. Yet you know it is the best choice.

Make that choice, make that commitment to the best that’s within you, again and again, each moment of each day. And the life you create, your own life, will be nothing short of outstanding.

— Ralph Marston
Old 09-19-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I read this today and it reminded me that if I have a dream, if I really want something in life, I need to set my mind to it and make a workable plan.

It is one thing to have a dream, that must come first, but then to believe that the dream CAN come true often requires a plan of action.

I remember once feeling very stale, very stuck in a rut of life and I was not motivated to try anything. I had lost my dreams and didn't have the energy to find new ones. That was okay for a while, I needed to heal and recharge my thinking.

But there came a time where I needed to find a small amount of courage, to take a tiny step to begin moving forward. It didn't kill me. So I took another step, and slowly my life became better.

If we commit to making our lives better, and take the actions to make it so, then our lives WILL become better, I promise. First comes the commitment, then comes the action, then comes the change that will bring us new dreams.

I still wear my pendant that says "Hope", "Believe" "Rejoice"...I should add "commit" to it somewhere between believe and rejoice.

Hugs
Old 09-19-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Ann, as always, for these inspiring posts.

I have recently committed myself to finishing a very daunting writing project, one that has taken a back seat too many times. It is something I must be committed to in order to finish because it requires daily attention. I have found in the past two weeks that if I just commit the night before to work on it again the next day, it's so much easier to face and I am actually enjoying it now. It is almost routine now to work on it! Thanks again. So helpful.