Notices

Hi new Here

Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi new Here

Hi all new here, this is not my first time in recovery (unfortunatelly) I currently have three days sober. This is however the first time I stopped drinking on my own, I don't have the ability to go to detox for work reasons.

my body is aching like crazy and my sleep is all over the place, any suggestions would be welcomed on how ease the detox process.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You should see a doctor...detox alone can be dangerous....even several days into it.

Other than that...drink lots of water...eat as healthy as you can and don't drink. A meeting or two never hurts either.

All the best.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Winfab - welcome to SR

Bruce is absolutely right - I always recommend a Dr's input with detox...it's simply your safest option.

Nevertheless, we do have a thread of members detox experiences - you may find it useful

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

D
Old 09-17-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome winfab!

Congrats on your 3 days sober! That's about the time I turned the corner......Hopefully things will get better for you soon. I remember keeping things low key for a good week, lots of vitamins (B Complex, too), water, good nutrition (well, except for ice cream, which is great for when the cravings come on!)

Just pour your heart and soul into into being sober....... This is a great place to start and I know everyone will give you the same support they gave me.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome winfab and congrats on three days! The boards are uncharacteristically quiet tonight, but you will find that there is usually pretty much constant traffic offering immediate (like I've never seen before in an online community!) support and advice. It's a hard hard road, but you have the ability to do it...not alone though, so start researching what you can do to make your sobriety a success. I hope you start to feel better soon!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome aboard

Alright 3 days good deal. Like artsoul said, lots of fluids. I always drank half water half powerade(because it has the B vitiams.) plus a multivitiam. And I hope you consider a program .. I am a proud member in AA and it is a awesome life now.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome Winfab!
Three days is great! The main advice has already been said. Get your doc on board, and tell him honestly everything. Do you have an AA home group? Counselor? Are you living alone or is someone there who can keep an eye on you? I can't help on self detox as my only one was in hospital for seven days.

One other thing is post a lot here and read all you can here. Get in the chat room if you need to get some immediate support and someone is in there.

Make this your last try, relapsing and going through it all again is a PITA! once you are recivered you don't have to leave here. There are plenty of folks you will be able to support too. Wish I could say we were the last ones.