all-time low???

Old 09-17-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

all-time low???

so. the now ex-boyfriend came to get some stuff while i was working today. when i got home, i found a nasty letter he left, a mess he left, and an antique gun i got from one of my best friends after he died missing. he says he didn't take it. no one else even knew i had it. he went in my closet, where i had it hidden, and the pouch it was in was unzipped and the gun was gone. it wasn't loaded and i don't have bullets. it was a pretty antique gun that had sentimental value because of where it came from.

i changed the locks.

i want to report it but if i call the police, he might end up going back to prison because he has a sentence over his head and is on probation. can't even be near a gun.

i am so upset, but i have a feeling my friend would tell me to forget it and just be glad he's gone.

the ex-boyfriend is now telling me how horrible i am for even accusing him. and i am a terrible, vile person.

i just wanted to get that off my chest. i feel totally wiped out.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I would call the police. It is an antique gun and probably worth some
dollars over and above the sentimental value.

He took something that was not his to take and probably pawn. That
is THEFT.

J M H O

ps: glad you changed the locks. Now remove any thing of his left in
your home and put it outside your door for him to pick up. If he does
not pick it up, put it in the dumpster.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-17-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A thief came into your home and stole your possession while you were away. The consequences to him are not your problem.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

the pouch it was in was unzipped and the gun was gone. it wasn't loaded and i don't have bullets. it was a pretty antique gun that had sentimental value because of where it came from.

i changed the locks.

i want to report it but if i call the police, he might end up going back to prison because he has a sentence over his head and is on probation. can't even be near a gun.
Call the police, have them check for fingerprints. The police will call the local pawn shops and tell them its been stolen.

Let him go to prison.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i just called the police. they are sending someone over in a bit. i'm so tired i just want to sleep. i tore my house apart looking for it.

if he took it, it's on him. if not, he has nothing to worry about.

thank you for the advice and push. i needed it.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That must have been aweful to come home too. Im very sorry. I see you are in NH...i am too
Old 09-17-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yes...i am in nh. i wasn't thrilled at all. changed the locks so he can't come back when i'm gone anymore. thank you all for the kindness... it's been one of the most awful weeks of my life. i had to get new tires, my washer broke, my computer broke, two of my clients died, and this crap with him... grant me the serenity...
Old 09-17-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yeah, well...this is what addicts do...they do things to harm other people and when confronted, its always the victims fault. Dont let yourself be victimized again. He can be responsible for his own actions without you feeling responsible for them. Keep moving forward.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You did the right thing by calling the police
Old 09-18-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thank you, again, everyone... i filed the report, the officer said he was sure the ex took the gun. had him questioned, i guess, and he just continued to deny it, i'm sure.

ex has texted me twice today asking if i have talked to the police again or if there have been any developments...acting like "that's SO weird" that someone would do that. how could they have??? it just makes no sense. and, of course, he would NEVER EVER disrespect me like that by taking something he knows means so much to me.

i left a message with the officer who came to my house so he will hopefully call me and let me know what happened (or didn't). i doubt there's much i can do to get it back now. the ex is just going to stick to his story. i've decided that i need to just accept that it's gone and that that's what it cost to get him out of my life.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Mstrust, did they dust for finger prints on the case that the gun was in?
Old 09-18-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Funny how he's so curious about a matter that is supposedly meaningless to him. Hmmm. Save the texts. Might come in handy.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

no dusting for prints. it was in a cloth case (not sure that matters). the officer said they could launch a full investigation and they would come here and do all that, but it's up to me. i'm going to see what he says when i talk to him--the cop, not the ex.

i just got another text from the ex asking about what happened...why i locked the deadbolt, why i didn't want anyone in the house but him, asking if i 'set him up'. REALLY?!?!?!?! and yeah...it sure was meaningless last night when all he could think about was how my reporting it would affect him. i asked him last night why he wasn't more concerned about the fact that someone came in my house and stole from me since he insists it wasn't him. all of a sudden, oh yeah...

i am saving those texts, by the way...and i'm not responding.

Last edited by mstrust; 09-18-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-18-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

((mstrust)) - I'm sorry all this happened when it's already been a bad week. I'm VERY proud of you, though, for calling the police. Big (((hugs))) to you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-18-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You are doing the right thing. I'm sorry you came home to that. Good for you for not responding to the texts and keeping them.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

He is trying to manipulate you, deflect and throw you off tract...keep your focus!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You did the right thing. Do not engage. You cannot rationalize irrational behavior. Take care of yourself
Old 09-19-2012, 01:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sounds like he is trying to wiggle out of this one.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

you guys are all correct. so am i. he will never admit it. i have to let it go to save myself at this point. he went on and on via text about how he was going to jail and how could i do this to him and i ruined his life and he's going to die, and so on and so on. i spoke with the officer who responded to my house...he never even got questioned in person. they spoke with him on the phone and that was that. so the whole guilt trip thing was a lie along with everything else.

he also sent me a photo of pills--because he was trying to PROVE he still had them and hadn't taken them all--and a fifty dollar bill was in the photo. it's not too hard to buy more pills when you have money from selling an antique gun. when he left here, he had no money.

he also sent me a very extensive email telling me when i find the gun to put a round in my heart. moments later i had texts and an email saying he was sorry he ruined it all and stooped so low and loved me so much and couldn't live with what he did to us.

i'm so exhausted i feel like i could sleep for a year.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mstrust View Post
he also sent me a very extensive email telling me when i find the gun to put a round in my heart. moments later i had texts and an email saying he was sorry he ruined it all and stooped so low and loved me so much and couldn't live with what he did to us.
Gee, I bet Hallmark would be interested in using that line in some of their "I love you" greeting cards!