Notices

Family gone for the weekend.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Family gone for the weekend.

This happens once in a while, and every time it does I still get that rush of excitement at the news.

"They're gone, I can do ANYTHING, no sneaking around, no hiding."

"Being alone in a house at night is scary, I'll never be able to sleep unless I have something to help..."

It's not really bad, it's just old ways of thinking coming back out of habit, I'll probably go read some medical articles about the damaging effects of alcohol to put things in perspective.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ANYTHING but drink. I like my time away from people.....Me time. I can enjoy it now without drinking till I pass out.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yea, while the cat is away... I remember. The first couple of weekends were tough, now I just get to watch whatever I want on TV... LOL... Pretty soon it will all seem normal and you won't have to read any medical articles, LOL... There is a big Saturday night regional AA speakers meeting, like 200 attend... Speakers get dressed up, all that old school stuff and if I am alone for the weekend I will go. It's a trip, sometimes they have dances and stuff afterwards... Or I will go to when of those action adventure movies she hates... So, hmm, LOL, the cat is a away and this mouse still comes out to play... LOL