Notices

Half way through day 4

Old 09-15-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Half way through day 4

And I want to drink sooo bad because it's Saturday and I'm cleaning house and preparing to decorate for my most favorite holiday...Halloween! And I want to b all buzzy while I get ouy the spooky stuff-and I mean it's a lot of stuff. Did I mention that I'm OBSSESSED with Hallween?! I'm not sure I can resist, so I thought i'd come here for motivation.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Klia.... Love Halloween he too!

There is not holiday... Or reason to drink.

Stay strong and enjoy it sober. At the you will remember it.

Lol

K
Old 09-15-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your doing great. Keep doing it. Decorating for any occasion can be just as fun without a drink in hand. Personally, I could only accomplish part of my project while drinking. The end result was a partially decorated house and a fully wasted self.One foot in front if the other klia. You got this.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done Klia for getting this far. Keeping busy certainly helps and as the others say, you may find the buzz you get from preparing Halloween sober is 100 times better for you.

Plan ahead and set yourself a new task to prepare something new that you have never done for Halloween before...

Let us know how you are doing.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh crap you guys. I just ran into a little situation that's really making me want to leap from the wagon cause this bumpy ride just got forreals. I said before that I wasn't actively trying to quit and I think I actually am now. I don't know what the hell to do. I've got a few left over beers in the fridge, just in case. I cant bring myself to throw them away. This might just be a just in case situation. #sosadandfrustrated
Old 09-15-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you got somebody you can talk to on the phone Klia that could help you with your little situation? Otherwise talk on here and I am sure you will get lets of support.

Don't give up you are doing great...
Old 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I felt the same way about Christmas—decorating the house, trimming the tree, all those lights—it was all tangled up with booze in my mind.

Then I remembered I loved all that stuff just as much when I was a kid. If anything, it was more magical. And no alcohol.... Hmmmmmm, I thought. Maybe, just maybe, the holidays would be even better without the booze. Sure enough, they were.

No surprise, Klia, since everything is better without alcohol. Any notions to the contrary are coming from one place—the addiction, which only provides more incentive to keep moving forward and leave all that nonsense behind.

You're doing great!

just in case
Just in case... what?

In case you want to be an active alcoholic again? In case you want to wake up filled with regret? In case you want to disappoint yourself? In case you haven't had enough already?

Come on, Klia. Use your head. You don't want to drink. Again, that's the addiction. Bumby roads are part of life. Everybody goes through them. And the fact is, the road is a lot bumpy after you've quit. Stay the course...
Old 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vall View Post
Have you got somebody you can talk to on the phone Klia that could help you with your little situation? Otherwise talk on here and I am sure you will get lets of support.

Don't give up you are doing great...
That's another situation for me. I only have one sorta friend and she didn't respond to my text, i'm sure she's busy and my sister is out of town. Thats all I got and i'm sure they're both tired of hearing me cry about my ex fiance.and how I screwed everthing up.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I meant the road is a lot LESS bumpy after you quit. Give yourself more time. You're going the right way. Don't turn back now, Klia.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We all mess up Klia, every single one of us...don't be so hard on yourself.

Don't let alcohol be your friend - it will just bring you down and make you unhappy.

You can do this. You can get a new life but it takes time.

Big hugs
Old 09-15-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I love Halloween too. Get on Pinterest and search Halloween if you want to see some really cool ideas! It will take your mind off drinking at the same time-bonus!

Dumping the just in case beers is a good idea-you're already on the edge, why have something around taunting you if you're serious about quitting?

If your situation involves your ex and something you feel you messed up do you think drinking is going to help matters at all? High unlikely. Most of the things we mess up we messed up because of drinking...

Hang in there-you can do this!
Old 09-15-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I haven't taken that drink...yet, but it's definitely on my mind. And I know if I go for it i'll just keep going, past the buzz, past the normalcy to a drunk, depressed mess send drunken 'i love you, i'm such a f-up. You're beautiful soul didn't deserve the hell I put you through bla bla.' And then send hateful, name-calling texts when I get no response. But I can't say for sure if I will or won't.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

But I can't say for sure if I will or won't.
Yes, you can. You absolutely can.

There are only two choices, ya know?

I know if I go for it i'll just keep going, past the buzz, past the normalcy to a drunk, depressed mess send drunken 'i love you, i'm such a f-up. You're beautiful soul didn't deserve the hell I put you through bla bla.' And then send hateful, name-calling texts when I get no response.
Makes that choice pretty easy...
Old 09-15-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
~sb

put some music on and dance! create a natural endorphin rush!!!!! and keep decorating!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Think back 5 or 6 days , how did you feel waking up ?

Hangovers not being so sick in the morning is my favorite thing to wake up to..
Old 09-15-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

some great ideas here Klia - you can do this

D
Old 09-15-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Stay strong Klia. I would recommend you go to a meeting and get a few people's numbers. So when you need to call someone, there will always be someone who is available to talk (I had that situation this morning when I really wanted a drink, and I called a few people and managed to get enough good advice, not to drink).
Please throw out those beers. While they're in your home, they'll be on your mind. At least if you're determined to drink and the beers are gone, you'll have a few minutes where you'll be walking to the shop and you can use those minutes to call someone. You don't have those minutes if the alcohol is in your home.
You're doing really well. Focus on the positives and what you have achieved.

Also, Halloween is great, I love it. I bet you loved it as a kid too. What was your favourite part as a child? Apple bobbing? Trick or treating? Pumpkin carving? Can you do that this halloween?

Stay strong!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

made it through day four. I won't throw them out. Even if I don't drink them. I want them there.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Klia View Post
made it through day four. I won't throw them out. Even if I don't drink them. I want them there.
Good job on day 4!....I have to ask you why? What possible good could come from you keeping those beers there? Just curious.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Good job on day 4!....I have to ask you why? What possible good could come from you keeping those beers there? Just curious.
I might just want to drink them. I don't want to quit. Maybe i'm just taking a break or something. I don't know. I don't like the way my head feels today; too clear. I like it muddled. I'm also addicted to feeling like crap. I'm a writer. It all just seems to come with the territory. I'm miserable when i'm miserable and i'm miserable when i'm happy. I'm very ambivelent and complicated.