I emailed his family!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I emailed his family!!!

Good Morning!

This morning I thought I would send an email to the 3 closest family members of my AH. I have filled them in on the situation, at the time of writing the email it was quite hard to start it off then that was it I told them...actually told them that my husband was an alcoholic and no longer living with us. Once I pressed send I thought right thats one more thing off the list as right now I'm kind of on auto pilot. Now I'm kind of thinking did I do the right thing, was it my place to inform them or should it of come from him?
I have yet to inform my family as I'm waiting for the right moment as they are all celebrating my nieces 18th birthday and my nephews 21st and will be doing so for the next week.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I won't tell you if it was the right thing to do or not. What's done is done.

As far as your family, you may get more of the support you need by letting them know your situation.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear Fox, continue to do what you need to do that is in YOUR best interest. At least, the truth is out in the open. This is never easy.

Hang on to the serenity prayer and take it one day at a time. This, too, shall pass.

dandylion
Old 09-15-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It all was fine, they were really pleased I had told them and had an idea anyways. I did inform him I had sent the email and again he was fine with it, probably quite pleased he did not have to do it himself! It was in my interest to do it as his Aunt and Uncle whom I told have been expecting to hear from us with dates for us visiting them and his 2 cousins I told knew a little bit as we should have spent christmas with them but he went off on a drunken rage christmas eve so knew he was trying to be good! At least now they know and know that he is no longer living here.
It is hard to tell people as you feel or at least I quite often feel that they will be thinking what did she do to turn him into an alcoholic or why are you leaving now!
I think I will find it very hard to tell my Mum as she brought my sister and I up to have high standards, never let a man run your life and other things like that. So I do feel like I have let her down and let myself down by letting things get to this stage. Its not easy admitting that this is where we are at...anyways another day down!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

I'm proud that as a woman, you are taking care of what needs to be taken care of. You had no crystal ball before all of this transpired.

You are an inspiration to me!!
Old 09-15-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's a different day and age...in your mother's time you probably would have stayed with the A no matter what and simply suffered.
You didn't let yourself down...take this outlook instead--you are your own hero and are bringing your life back to sanity.