Notices

what to do

Old 09-14-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what to do

Hi every one im new here so om not sure if im doing this right but here i go. I have almost a year clean in november i just had a baby in june his father and i are having problems he still uses hes cheating and blaming problems on me point blank am i waisting my time. I have hope that he'll change do i continue to wait i feel i should walk awaybut i dont know if i should being that we just had a baby he keeps leaving and coming back leaving me confused
Old 09-14-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow. Tough one. I have no experience with this...only an opinion.

I think you've got to do what's best for you and your newborn. Maybe some tough decisions now will bring the father around to behavior more appropriate. If he's not up to the task then you really are better off without.

There's lots of great support here. Others will be along shortly with better advice I am sure.

Hang in there.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

i think your safety and the safety of y'all's newborn is the priority. just make sure that whatever you do, you take care of that first. as far as his using goes, he has to come to want sobriety for himself. giving him consequences may help him see the severity of his situation but he's make the hard decision to walk the sober path. maybe some time apart would do both of you some good but that's your decision. you have to do what right for your child, yourself and your sobriety. holding on to a man who refuses to seek sobriety sounds toxic to me but i don't know everything about the situation.