Notices

Daughter of an Addict

Old 09-13-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Daughter of an Addict

One of the earliest memories that I have of my mother is vivid, unreleasable: sitting in the passenger seat of her car, in some parking lot, filling her needle with water. My little brothers in the backseat. I've cried, begged, pleaded, and gone without talking to her for weeks. Nothing has made any amount of difference. I do not feel her addiction is my fault, I know it is the fault of some man she met on a vacation. But when I remember her telling me I can do anything I wanted in life, and then I think about how the woman who brought me into this world can't find reason enough in me to change herself. So how am I to make a difference in the world? I know that this is my disease as much as it is hers, I know that there are times when I have enabled her, helped her even without realizing it. I am beyond th epoint where i could even wrap my head around this whole situation. I've watched her lie and steal and cheat to get her high. I just don't know anymore.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi helloimkitty

I'm sorry for your situation but you'll find a lot of support here

You may also want to check out some of our other forums as well

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Adult Children of Addicted/Alcoholic Parents - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D