I think im getting better, but Friday is D-Day

Old 09-12-2012, 11:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking I think im getting better, but Friday is D-Day

If you recal my post about just wanting to have fun. Well it was a lot more than that, but I have stayed true to my convictions. And I haven't crossed any boundary with the Crush.

I have been getting out and enjoying my self though. I spent last weekend at the local auto races. That is probably my favorite part of summer. And tonight I went out with a different female coworker, who is single, and had dinner and saw a show. She is in a simular boat as I am. But I only feel friendship for het, and I hope that is all she feels towards me. That may be an area I need to think more about.

Last weekend my STBXAW brought me some things of mine from the our/her house. She was pretty calm. But I saw a Four Loco open in her cup holder. I was pretty surprised at that. She had always been careful enough to put any alcohol in another container.

Today she changed her relationship status on Facebook to in a relationship with her new bf. That hurt like hell. At first. But my sisters said it made her look dumb, and it does, everyone knows as are married.

Tomorrow I'm going to fill out the divorce papers, and we are getting them looked at and hopefully filed on Friday. We are failing as co-pationers, so hopefully it wil be done soon

Lastly, I got a bill from her counselor last week, she quit seeing him after we split up. So I went in and paid it in person and I made myself an appointment with different counselor. That is one of the first big steps in MY recovery. This whole mess has really opened my eyes to a lot of issues I have. And I completely feel ready to get to work on my self. Things are looking up. I'm actually excited about what the future holds!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yay You!!!!

Amazing work. Keep us posted.

love to you Katie
Old 09-13-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Getting off of FB really helped me to contribute to the NC and helped me to start really healing.

This whole thing is so hard. Keep doing the good work and putting one foot in front of the other.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fantastic Work!

dandylion
Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LifeRecovery View Post
Getting off of FB really helped me to contribute to the NC and helped me to start really healing.
I have almost started a thread here about FB. Some of the things my STBXAW has posted are crazy. I get a laugh out of them. Most of them friend have told me about before I saw them, so hearing it from a friend how crazy they are really helps.

I haven't gone NC with her yet. I am trying to file for divorce as co-petitioners. And unless I want to talk to her on the phone, and I do not. The only way to contact her is email or facebook. And Facebook lets me know when she has read my message.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Update: She showed up and we had the divorce papers reviewed. She looked like hell and told me many a sob story. She even asked if I was sure I wanted a divorce? That shocked me, I mean she has her new bf living with her. The papers are all ready to be filed, I wish I had got the money together to file them, but they said it should only be about 15 minutes and I'll have the money next Friday.

On a brighter note, I'm taking my 6 year old niece for the weekend. As soon as she gets her we are headed to the local speedway for some Sprint Car racing. It's going to be a fun weekend.