OT - Remembrance September 11

Old 09-11-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

OT - Remembrance September 11

A friend of mine, who also has and loves our Belgian Sheepdog breed
wrote this right after 9/11. She has given me permission to post this:

September 11th at the Rainbow Bridge

Unable to reach the hearts of the hijackers on Flight 11, God turned to the Rainbow Bridge. Every bark was stilled as they gathered to listen to his voice, calmly calling them to duty. Each dog sat rapt and alert as they heard God tell them that in a few minutes, the fields beyond the bridge would be filled with thousands of humans, who too soon were stolen from earth. Those who had once known the loving touch of a human were filled with horror as God explained what was about to happen in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania. Then God addressed those thousands of dogs who had never had a human to call their own, who would soon arrive confused and afraid. And each tail began to wag, while their ears perked up, as in union they stood proudly ready to do God's bidding.

When Flight 11 hit the first tower, across the bridge came a man leading others. His eyes though' in shock, did twinkle at the site which they met. For wagging tails of thousands of four-legged creatures did cause the breeze in their hair. The confused man began to understand that he was at the Rainbow Bridge, for a long time ago a friend had told him of such a place. So he turned to those with him and said "Do not be afraid, for God has sent us to The Rainbow Bridge to care for these dogs who have never known love. That must be his gift to us, for having been stripped from the earth too soon with no warning."

Back on Earth, God was unable to reach the hearts of the hijackers on two more planes and whispered to his Bridge kids that more were on the way. Then he heard the call of believers on yet another plane and gave them the strength to struggle against their captors. "Be calm and brave, for I shall have waiting for you, my angels who will comfort you" he told them. And together they prevented what could have been hundreds of needless more deaths, by overcoming the hijackers.

With his mighty hands, God held together the twin towers in New York, glad that he had given mankind the ability to build such wonders. But he knew that these towers would soon fall. He urged his people inside to help others descend to the ground and escape, and a mighty tear fell from his eyes, when he could no longer hold them together, for they were too badly damaged.

Within 2 hours there were over 3,000 souls who crossed the Rainbow Bridge, leaving behind their loved ones and fellow Americans to wonder at their fate. They were heroes everyone and I know that God gave them to the bridge, so that their passing would serve a greater purpose. The abandoned pets at the Rainbow Bridge are no longer abandoned. For they have found love in the victims of the September 11th tragedy. And we can remember our friends and loved ones who perished, knowing that they are busy caring for a creature who never before knew love, lounging under a shady tree, and frolicking in the fields of the Rainbow Bridge

In loving memory of Dan Lee, Flight 11
Lee Anne Winfrey
September 19,2001

Every year I make sure to read this, and every year she reposts this
on a forum about Belgians that we belong to.

Thank you for reading.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-11-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks ((Laurie)), now pass the kleenex, please.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-11-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks Laurie, you friend has a wonderful way with words.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a touching, heartfelt and impactful story. Laurie, thank you for sharing.
We must never forget those who lost their lives and this is a wonderful way of imagining their next life.
Love
Teresa
Old 09-11-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yes, I realize it was made by a brewery, but it is still beautiful and it only aired once because they didn't want to profit from it. It is a powerful and beautiful tribute.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you so much, Laurie. That was lovely. Maybe something like that did happen - I guess we'll find out one day.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ah, my heart. That would truly be heaven, to love and be loved by mans best friend.

I had a friend who loved his cat very much. The cat was near death, and my friend grieved , as he took as good care as possible of his kitty who had renal failure. We tried to comfort him with the Rainbow Bridge hope. Tho he said he wished it was true, he just could not believe it could be.

When that sad day came, and he was driving home without his sweet girl, his home came into view. Over his house was a double rainbow. He was amazed, and could not help but feel it to be a sign from her, to believe.
This is a true story.

What a beautiful tribute she wrote. thank you for sharing it. I hope it comforts many.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Thank you Suki. I saw that 'ad' when it did air. I did not realize that it
was on YouTube.

Thank you so much for bringing it here. What a beautiful tribute to a
very very sad event in this country's history.

Love and hugs,