Notices

Feeling angry and mad and want to drink

Old 09-10-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling angry and mad and want to drink

I feel so angry at my not so DH. I have been trying to get well dealing with a thyroid problem and adrenals. So I have had to spend more money than I would have liked to to try to find what works. We are not broke but it has went over our flex spending account so he is tired of paying out of pocket. So money has been a huge issue for him lately. But not just that, his attitude about everything. I have an appointment for him this week, I don't think I can take much more of his attitude towards me. My anger and frustrations with him is making me want to drink even though I know it leads to nowhere...why would I even consider it. Any input is greatly appreciated
Myjourney4me
Old 09-10-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay strong and remember that drinking won't solve a tng and only costs MORE money... I hope hubby will be more patient as you struggle.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ps glad you came here first!
Old 09-10-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

myjourney ~ sometimes my husband makes me sooo mad with his pi$$ poor attitude that I want to kick his butt into next week! That, plus I want to drink. But I don't. It's tough when you are working on yourself and you still have to deal with the issues of others, but I guess that's life. Hang in there; there will be good days and bad days.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel put upon and overwhelmed.
what kind of support do you have for yourself myjourney4me?

D
Old 09-10-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

Originally Posted by myjourney4me View Post
I feel so angry at my not so DH. I have been trying to get well dealing with a thyroid problem and adrenals. So I have had to spend more money than I would have liked to to try to find what works. We are not broke but it has went over our flex spending account so he is tired of paying out of pocket. So money has been a huge issue for him lately. But not just that, his attitude about everything. I have an appointment for him this week, I don't think I can take much more of his attitude towards me. My anger and frustrations with him is making me want to drink even though I know it leads to nowhere...why would I even consider it. Any input is greatly appreciated
Myjourney4me
Us with drinking problems will find any excuse to justify drinking. Remember, it's not the problems with your other half that are making you want to drink, it's your addictive side finding any reason to convince you that drinking is a good idea.

I'm not sure what methods you've been using to quit, but AVRT has been really helpful for me when helping to separate genuine desires from the constant urge to drink.

Still, just remember that you never HAVE to drink, and if you WANTED to drink, you likely wouldn't be here. Stick on track, have an early sober night, and you'll probably be more equipped to address these problems tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've got a full plate before you.

I got a lot of flack from family and friends for a while after I stopped drinking because I think on some level they were waiting for the other shoe to drop - like I would inevitably start drinking again, because that was what I always did.

That in and of itself was enough to make me mad (Damn, they couldn't even TRUST me )

I said the serenity prayer almost every hour on some days, and I stayed firm in my commitment to stop drinking and continued working on my recovery program.

Picking up won't solve a thing; forward motion, in spite of impediments around us, is the way to go.

Take care of you and your health. And stick close to SR

All my best...
Old 09-10-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your replies....I didn't want to drink but still have a hard time dealing with anger, emotional type stuff. I wanted that drink not to feel and I haven't gone through that in a while but I have been kind of off track in my recovery....not spending enough time coming on to here and not going to meeting. Still not sure which way to go with my recovery (as far as AA or both )...been doing a little of both but not enough lately with either. I ate me some lunch and dessert and doing better now.
Hugs, Myjourney4me
Old 09-10-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by myjourney4me View Post
but I have been kind of off track in my recovery....not spending enough time coming on to here and not going to meeting. Still not sure which way to go with my recovery (as far as AA or both )...been doing a little of both but not enough lately with either.
I'll tell you what worked for me....I had to put the effort into my recovery that I put into my drinking....If this was real easy...AA and this site wouldn't exist...It takes some work...Committment....But it's worth it.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I can see where this could lead if I don't keep involved with my recovery. Just a wakeup call when I start moving away from my recovery...
Myjourney4me
Old 09-10-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I always drank I love to drink nothing to do with emtion.