Positive Messages For A Better Living.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Positive Messages For A Better Living.

"Loving someone should not mean losing YOU. True love empowers you, it doesn’t erase you. True love allows human beings to build amazing things, by working together through passion, kindness, and good will. So be strong enough to stand alone, be yourself enough to stand apart, but be wise enough to share your love and stand together when the time comes."

Occasionally, I see words and messages that I think would be nice to bring to SR. I will add as I come across to them.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"Letting go is part of moving on to something better. – You will not get what you truly deserve if you’re too attached to the things you’re supposed to let go of. Sometimes you love, and you struggle, and you learn, and you move on. And that’s okay. You must be willing to let go of the life you planned for so you can enjoy the life that is waiting for you."
Old 09-11-2012, 01:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"Your choices design your life. – You have a choice each and every single day. Choose to appreciate what you have. Choose to make time for yourself. Choose to do something that makes you smile. Choose to be excited. Choose to laugh at your own silliness. Choose to spend time with positive people. Choose to be persistent with your goals. Choose to try again and again. Within your choices lie all the tools and resources you need to design the life of your dreams, it’s just a matter of choosing wisely."
Old 09-20-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"Don’t let past relationships and old mistakes ruin your future. Don’t let someone or something that didn’t make it in your life continue to hurt you. If you do, you’re still giving a portion of your life to something that no longer exists – it’s like letting your happiness slip into a black hole. Learn the lesson, release the pain, and move on. Scars remind us of where we have been, not where we are headed."
Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love doesn’t hurt. Love is not the problem. – Don’t blame love if a failed relationship interfered with your other important relationships, or robbed you of your self-esteem and personal freedoms. No, don’t blame love. For it wasn’t love that stole from you. It was possession. It was obsession. It was manipulation. It was confusion. Love had nothing to do with your situation. For love doesn’t close the door against all that is good. It opens it wide to let more goodness in. Love creates freedom and abundance. Read The 5 Love Languages.

Forgiveness is always the right choice. – Anyone can hold a grudge, but it takes a person with strong character to forgive. When you forgive, you release yourself from a painful burden. And no, forgiveness doesn’t mean what happened was OK; and it doesn’t mean that person should still be welcome in your life. It simply means you have made peace with the pain, and are ready to let it go and move on with your life.

12 Relationship Truths I Wish I Knew 12 Years Ago
Old 06-29-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thks oooops really struggling today thks for your posts
Old 06-29-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Beautiful and so true !!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so very much oooopps, I am writing these down.
I read recently that writing them down helps them "stay" longer in your recent memory.
Plus, they are in my book of positive and uplifting quotes and thoughts.
You just added greatly to my book and my life.

Sincerely
Beth
Old 07-03-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Know in your heart that there is strength inside you that is greater than the challenges you face. No one can do it for you – you have to choose to use your wings.

A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the brach but on its own wings. Always believe in yourself.

from: 1,000+ Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently
Old 09-16-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve. Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been to stand up taller than you ever were before. Sometimes your eyes need to be washed by your tears so you can see the possibilities in front of you with a clearer vision again. Don’t settle.

10 Choices You Will Regret in 10 Years
Old 09-16-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi oooopps, I read your thread and do agree, however, it's so hard to let go of a child you have loved for their entire life. The blame and guilt comes along and hits you like a brick wall. You want to give the AD another chance, another opportunity to make wise decisions and reject temptations that will set them back. When do you start to trust again? I get the "earn" trust thing, but I don't fully understand the "punishment" that tough love forces you to put on the addict. Just thoughts going thru my weary mind. Thank you. TF
Old 09-16-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Twofish, I understand where you're coming from. My experience with addiction comes from being romantically involved with an addict. Thus, my shares are not coming from a parent's standpoint. There are many moms on the forum however and as long as you reach out you may find a lot of good advice. Take what helps you.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Twofish as for children, the truth is, parents must let go of their children eventually no matter what their children's journey pertains. The more you fight the process the more pain it causes you.

Perhaps you might find this reading helpful.
Dharma Dew | Loving without clinging