Notices

An astonishing Day 6

Old 09-09-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An astonishing Day 6

Well...

It's the end of Day 6 for me. I am astonished at the difference between now and when I "tried" to quit last time. This time I just quit,,,and that's it. I feel like a switch just got flipped in my head and suddenly everything is changed--I am changed.

Although I have had a thought about wine just a couple of times this past week, the thought has been so fleeting and I have had absolutely no strong craving, no anxiety, no sleeplessness--in fact I am sleeping better than I can ever remember now that there is no alcohol in my system.

I feel so peaceful and so calm--different, better than I have felt in 20 years. I don't know whether it is just my mindset, the wholesome diet, the yoga, the breathwork or a combination of the above. Whatever it is I am happy, grateful and joyful.

Just wanted to check in and to say thank you to all of you at SR who give me support and allow me to share my thoughts with you.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Soulgypsy, of course it's a combination of all the things you listed (I'm a big fan of the mindful breathing when urges come), but the most important factor is what you have brought to this, and that is your determination to not drink anymore. You are doing just great and I wish you well. Thanks for the update!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go soulgypsy!

D
Old 09-09-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

So happy for you, soulgypsy! What a relief to leave all that anxiety and depression behind us.......

I love that you're using so many great tools and putting them together to help you stay sober. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think the switch feeling is important. I noticed it this time as well. Good luck on your big life adventure!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Soulgypsy, I'm very glad to see you sober again, but I'm even more gladdened to see that you doing it with so much peace and joy. All the best to you!