Notices

Can I share? Strength on Day 3 and song recommendation!

Old 09-07-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can I share? Strength on Day 3 and song recommendation!

I feel so blessed to have found this forum and all of you tremendously strong and giving people. THANK YOU!

I just had to share because I've been having tons of cravings and could have given in at any point today. But guess what...I DID IT ~ I DIDN'T GIVE IN!!!

This is the first time in months that I have felt functional, for many reasons and on many levels.

I finished unpacking, went to the grocery store and stocked up on good food, did NOT stop at the many liquor stores and bars I passed along the way (I consider this a miracle), took 2 showers instead of not showering for days...and then listened to some inspirational music while making a gorgeous flower arrangement for myself.

I can feel the healthy me coming back...It has NOT been easy, but I'm doing it...one breath at a time...and it wouldn't be possible without this forum and all of you as inspiration!

I just had to share the most amazing song I heard today on this new CD I got. It is spiritual so...It's called "You Annointed Me" by Eric Peterson. I listened to it about five times crying with joy and gratitude.

Well, 3 days ago, I would have been a double bottle of wine into the day, at least...and either blacked out not knowing what the heck I was doing or passed out on the couch before waking up to drink more.

Instead, I am sitting here, completely present in mind, body, and soul...having a warm cup of coffee, listening to my doggies snoring, and planning what delicious meal I will cook up for my dinner. Praise God!

Here is to a sober weekend for us all...I am sending you all strength, peace, and happiness! Thanks for being here!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on kicking that craving right in the face. Remember this happy feeling the next time it comes around. Each time you get past a craving, you get stronger
Old 09-07-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a nice post...Thank you!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3.
It is a hard road but it is possible
I love the song Cry out To Jesus by Third Day.
It talks about addictions & other problems.
There's a video on YouTube.

Keep reading & posting. SR is what got me through the first few months & still gives me strength when I need it.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work! Congrats on 3 days!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you for sharing that wonderful news with us, DeepBreath. It's great to hear you so positive and determined.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Absolutely beautiful day, DeepBreath.

Keep breathing, singing and crying. Gratitude and joy is what I believe life is all about.

I am so happy for you!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all so very much!! Had some tremendous cravings tonight, but I made it. Thank you for your encouragement!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Clean shower, flowers, music, a good meal......all benefits of sobriety! I'm glad you are feeling so good....keep it up.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thank you for the sober energy you share when you post here. Posts like yours remind me to be grateful just to be able to feel grateful.