Notices

GRRRRR.... Wanna Drink!!!!

Old 09-06-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

GRRRRR.... Wanna Drink!!!!

Something really bad happened to me today.. and I wanna drink, but I won't.. Need a freakin hug and hope!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Start a journal, get that stuff out. Big hugs here. You can get through life without a crutch of drink. Life happens. Feelings change. Do something like clean the bathroom. Take a walk. Help another suffering alcoholic, DO something to get away from your situation. It will help you. It CAN be done. You CAN do this! Drinking will only make things worse, getting through this will help to make you stronger!!!!

Stay strong and stay stopped!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It won't go away by drinking...it will be waiting there for you when you sober up. Try and do something, anything, to change the negative mental chatter...post and read here until your fingers are sore...There is hope as long as you are breathing. BIG HUGS
Old 09-06-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Start a journal, get that stuff out. Big hugs here. You can get through life without a crutch of drink. Life happens. Feelings change. Do something like clean the bathroom. Take a walk. Help another suffering alcoholic, DO something to get away from your situation. It will help you. It CAN be done. You CAN do this! Drinking will only make things worse, getting through this will help to make you stronger!!!!

Stay strong and stay stopped!
Thank you sugarbear, I'm gonna journal before going to bed. I went for a walk earlier, I had my debit card in my pocket (feeling that bad-and wanted to buy something at the gas station), but decided to wear my body out-come home and visit SoberRecovery.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your bad day Candi.

My friend Ann always says the difference between a bad day and a good one is only a day or two...I've found she's right

Drinking won't help...it just keeps us mired in the sadness and pain.

Lean on us for today

D
Old 09-06-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Next time, leave the credit card home.

Way to go!

Call someone and ask how they are today....just a suggestion! (I lived on the phone in early sobriety!)
Old 09-06-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

allright, candi, you said in another thread you were gonna wait til moring to call yer sponsor. now is the time to call!!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeepBreath2012 View Post
It won't go away by drinking...it will be waiting there for you when you sober up. Try and do something, anything, to change the negative mental chatter...post and read here until your fingers are sore...There is hope as long as you are breathing. BIG HUGS
You got that right! I've faced the majority of the pain and I feel like I'm gonna be alright. Just have to deal with Life of Life's terms.. I appreciate the hugs... before going to bed I'm gonna journal and meditate!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I used to drink to make bad feelings go away but now that I'm sober I don't have as many bad feelings to bother me. I think a lot of my pain was caused by drinking in the first place.

I hope you don't give in and drink. It'll just make you feel worse.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
allright, candi, you said in another thread you were gonna wait til moring to call yer sponsor. now is the time to call!!!!
I will call her, thanks
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I used to drink to make bad feelings go away but now that I'm sober I don't have as many bad feelings to bother me. I think a lot of my pain was caused by drinking in the first place.

I hope you don't give in and drink. It'll just make you feel worse.

I drank away my emotions.. And realized I had some mental health issues to deal with. Now that those are being dealt with and I'm working out my sobriety- It seems that the pains are not so bad. I realize I can handle it more sanely..
Old 09-06-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry for your bad day Candi.

My friend Ann always says the difference between a bad day and a good one is only a day or two...I've found she's right

Drinking won't help...it just keeps us mired in the sadness and pain.

Lean on us for today

D
Isn't that the truth.. Mine were only a few hours of the day. and being here on SR, is helping me soo much!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Next time, leave the credit card home.

Way to go!

Call someone and ask how they are today....just a suggestion! (I lived on the phone in early sobriety!)

Thanks
Old 09-06-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

good on ya!! i know one thing my sponsor wanted me to do is not to wait to call. if i was( or am) stuck in my head, dont wait to call.
now that i have a couple sponsees, i see the depth of the importance of not waiting. i have one who had a hard time callin. he didnt want to bother me. i calle dhim at 3 am one morning and told him," i dont care if you call at 3am" and hung up. the next morning, at 3 am, he called and said,"ok" and hung up. been a blesing for me to get them calls from others.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I always try to remind myself that drinking means waking up with the same problems AND a hangover on top of that. A good night's sleep makes things seem a little more manageable too.....

Hooray to you for coming here and not giving in! Things will work out - keep your chin up!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
good on ya!! i know one thing my sponsor wanted me to do is not to wait to call. if i was( or am) stuck in my head, dont wait to call.
now that i have a couple sponsees, i see the depth of the importance of not waiting. i have one who had a hard time callin. he didnt want to bother me. i calle dhim at 3 am one morning and told him," i dont care if you call at 3am" and hung up. the next morning, at 3 am, he called and said,"ok" and hung up. been a blesing for me to get them calls from others.
Yep, she's walked me through a lot of stuff.. and she's such a sweet representative of unconditional love.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
I always try to remind myself that drinking means waking up with the same problems AND a hangover on top of that. A good night's sleep makes things seem a little more manageable too.....

Hooray to you for coming here and not giving in! Things will work out - keep your chin up!

Thank you so much!