Where did you start??

Old 09-06-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where did you start??

I am looking for some insight from those of you who have drug yourselves up from bottom... I am still unsure about the future with my AH, but I do know that I need to get my act together for the sake of my kids and my own sanity. My AH has completely bankrupted me to the point of where I have quite a few loans outstanding that I am not unable to pay bc he lost his job (not that he really helped that much when he had the job). I am considering filing bankruptcy and have reached out to legal aid in my area, so hopefully I can get a lawyer for free, or close to anways. While I am waiting to hear from them, I am dealing with the fact that I have 2 tvs from Rent A Center that I cannot afford, but cannot return bc AH pawned them!! My name is on the application, so they are calling me every day at work to ask about them. Very stressful! On top of that, I have a tablet from Aarons that my AH let someone "borrow" and is now gone...can't afford that one either! I have applied for food stamps, am most likely going to moving back to my parent's house due to being evicted, and I am just really at a loss. I honestly do not even know where to start to get this mess all cleaned up. I know I didn't cause all of it, but I let it happen and it's ALL in my name! STUPID!! Basically, I just want to know if there is a light at the end of this very messy tunnel?? Was anyone else's financial life ruined by their AS? If so, where did you start to get it back together?? I appreciate the help and thank you for letting me vent.... feels better already
Old 09-06-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel your pain went from a great job, to standing in line for food stamps and welfare, unable to pay bills because of as
Old 09-06-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am hoping this site gives you as much support and help that it has given me.

First I would call Aaron's & Rent a Center & tell them that these items were stolen. Tell them who stole them & that they were pawned. They should be able to recover them as stolen items. But if they are in your name & you don't have them & did not willingly give them up, then you should turn that stress over to the person that caused it.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Honestly, a very large % of people who get hooked up with addicts end up in deep financial trouble, codependenc/enabling is a breeding ground for financial problems.

This can be improved, I would suggest that you see an attorney, most offer free consultation. Bankruptcy is a viable option, I would bring this up with the attorney too.

It is going to be a long difficult journey to dig yourself out of this mess, however, if you don't stop the bleeding now, it will only continue to get worse.

We are here for you, keep posting.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with barelyhere, call aarons/rent a center and tell them the truth. Maybe they will recover the items maybe they wont, but maybe they will work with you to try to get you out of this financial situation. And maybe they will stop calling you everyday. Its worth a try. I know how stressful it is to have the bill collectors calling all the time, you dread even seeing their # on caller id and your heart drops into your stomach if you actually decide to answer the phone. Best of luck to you!