places to hide-trying to leave my addict

Old 09-06-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

places to hide-trying to leave my addict

Does anyone know if there are any places in the state of MS that helps hide you and your kids after we leave. I am scared of what he will do. Maybe be ok with it since all we do is fight because i refuse to like the fact that he is on meth and will not admit it. all I hear are the same old things about how i dont trust him or how I have ruined his life because his parents think he is on drugs now and how I will pay because i crossed the line this time. However, I did not tell them initially. They knew without that . I just quit lying for him and covering for him. Now, both parents and myself talk to each other about his addiction. I just want out and i need a safe place to go.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Here's a list of shelters from the Attorney General's website: http://www.ago.state.ms.us/images/up...Shelters07.pdf

The helpline number for the Mississippi coalition for Domestic Violence is 1-800-799-SAFE(7233).

Good luck.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

Call that DV number that SundaysChild gave you. DV shelters are 'hidden' for the most part (they aren't in the phone book, etc), most will help enroll the kids in school if they are school age, and help you find a job. They'll feed you, shelter you, and counsel you. This is what they are there for. I'm sorry you're scared.