Notices

Day Two...Thank You

Old 09-06-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Two...Thank You

Thank you for all the warm welcomes yesterday...I look forward to day 2 of sobriety. I showered for the first time in days (gross, I know), am drinking a nice warm cup of coffee instead of a drink, and going to face this day with strength. Thank you for this supporting community...let's have a blessed day!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dear Deepbreath,

Well done and I can identify with your not wanting to bathe/shower...I am in a bit of a depression right now and they say that this is one of the telling signs.

I don't know a lot about alcoholism apart from what I have seen my brother go through but I wonder sometimes if depression can be a trigger to drinking too much.

Take care.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 2 DeepBreath! Keep up the good work. Have an awesome, sober day!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on the beginning of day 2! I have preached to my friends to stop dwelling on the past, and I am finally using that tool. Living for today and looking forward. IME looking back puts me back into that despair and that's where the spiral starts again. I know in my heart that I don't ever have to pick up that drink again and feel those things I felt before. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Of course it takes many attempts for some, like me, but with each attempt, I gain more momentum. Here's to a wonderful day! Sr is a great place for support!