Notices

What I've gleaned from AA in my short career there.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What I've gleaned from AA in my short career there.

I've been going to AA and I feel like a few things were said directly to me. Not aimed at me, just that they really hit home. I'm really starting to enjoy my meetings and have a few good laughs now as opposed to just sitting there having to take it all in.

1- "When I was controlling my drinking, I couldn't enjoy it. And when I was enjoying my drinking, I couldn't control it."

2- When I mentioned being overwhelmed a bit at the thought of "forever." -Just think about today, what can't you live without for 6 or 8 hours? You can change your life 1 day at a time.

There were a lot more but these have really been ringing in my head. My compulsions are still there, but they are being accompanied by a lot of support from other people that really do understand what its like to have alcoholism. I'm so grateful I went when I did. I am sorry I couldn't swallow my pride earlier. I'm on day 12 and I'm in a really good place this morning.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome.....You'll hear a lot of that kind of stuff....I didn't get em at first....Found out most of em are true.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Second that Awesome

Congrats on day 12 , and hearing what is being said at those meetings.. I love them also.For me I had to be at the bar at the end of the day or night or I thought I was missing out..

Today the meetings for me are that sense. But now I am truly welcomed and happy to be seen. And if for some reason I not there, I am truly missed and usually get a text or phone call. I know for 20 years that never happened from the bar people..

Keep going and growing.. Stay on the beam.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's really cool Outdoors. I have learnt something every time I have been to an AA meeting, and usually it was the exact thing I needed to hear. Congratulations on 12 days x
Old 09-06-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

get into those steps, spirituality is pretty awesome!! (and helps, too!) ask the powers that be to remove those compulsions...
Old 09-06-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for shareing your progress with us...