Notices

Live and Let Live

Old 09-06-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Live and Let Live

Good morning all,

I am writting this morning after doing my morning reads and meditation. And after reading the 24hr book , I started to think about something that happened yesterday. And that was a thread about AA motto's. And one comment kept running thru my mind, it was about they thought they were overused so being said that would make them a little useless. And I just woudl say for me, yes there are so many and some people say them like its the same as blinking. But I believe when I use them for myself , they are so simple but say so much.

So today's was live and let live, and I couldnt think of a better one for here on the newcomers forum. On its base it simply means that we(I) have full tolerance from people that think differently then us. For what ever there beliefs or programs may be. We(I) try not to impose our will on others who differ. We (I) are not holier than thou, we do not have all the answers, we do not hold the monopoly on sobriety. We do just love our program and work each day to be a good and better person than we were.

I just wrote this today for new people that see us sometimes get off topic with programs.( On all sides). You see we are just that human one person at a time , so none of us are the program that we talk about, just members. We just want other that struggle to find the happiness and joy that we have.

So if you dont have a program please look into them all, find something that intrests you and go for it . More than you worked at anything in your life, because sobriety to lost and hopeless alcholic that was I . I have found more peace, happiness, joy, and freedom that I ever could of imagined..

Thanks for reading, see you on the road .

And always smile cause sobriety looks good on you!!!!!!

Good love, Inda
Old 09-06-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well said, my friend. Different strokes for different folks, but sobriety for all. Happy Thursday, doll!
Old 09-06-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Didn't see the thread you're talking about in reference to the AA sayings. Too bad, as I'm one that uses them a lot. Personally, I don't find them overused and meaningless at all, as depending on what is going on at that particular moment in time one or another of them will resonate. I find them much like the Big Book.

Every time I read the BB over again, I find parts that almost seem to be new, or at the very least take on a meaning that didn't strike me previously.

I very much like the other things you said as well, Inda. Reminds me, (which I very much need from time to time) that my way of doing things is only better because it worked for me. Doesn't make it better, or worse than any other that works for someone else.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Every time I read the BB over again, I find parts that almost seem to be new, or at the very least take on a meaning that didn't strike me previously.

:rotfxko no doubt I swear sometimes there is a little person that sneaks into my home and can edit the BB to know what I need for the next time..
Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"...none of us are the program we talk about-just members."

Wow. Very well said.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well I hope everyone enjoyed their day as much as possible. I am off to a meeting then call it a nite..

Old 09-06-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you Inda - enjoyed this post Enjoy your meeting and a good night's sleep.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sobriety's looking good on you too....keep smiling

Great post...I'm smiling...
Old 09-06-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
:rotfxko no doubt I swear sometimes there is a little person that sneaks into my home and can edit the BB to know what I need for the next time..
well, take away more of my uniqueness!! i thought that person only visited me!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yea sneaky sneaky that wee one is ...... LOL
Old 09-11-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Inda, glad to see you're still here. Hugs