Notices

Very Discouraged.. and sad. Day 4

Old 09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very Discouraged.. and sad. Day 4

My anxiety is kicking my butt. I cant leave my house.. I feel like just breaking down but i can't.

Day four sober. <3

I called doctors and therapists and explained my situation and begged that they could come see me or at least give me some sort of medication so I can be sober to GET to the doctors office. I was praying they would meet me half way.

They gave me no stinkin sympathy told me there was no other way and if anything to just call 911.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Yes. My anxiety is just going to LOVE an ambulance coming to somehow magically give me some anxiety medicine.

I feel like the world is against me.

Although I do feel great that my Momma is trying to help as much as she can... which i understand is hard for a woman who hasn't drank anything in 22 years.

I just feel like breaking down and drinking just to get to the appointment..
but who am I kidding?
these last four days would be for nothing.

I don't know what to do.. aahh

:rotfxko
Old 09-04-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do you have a therapist ragamuffin?

If not, do you have anyone, someone you trust, that might be able to go with you to a Dr and stay beside you?

D
Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

There may be legal reasons therapists and doctors can't do housecalls. If you truly feel trapped in your house then EMTs are probably your only hope to get a professional in your house and they will want to take you to a hospital. Perhaps you could call an AA member or a supportive family member to take you to the hospital? It is very hard dealing with crushing anxiety but biting the bullet and taking those hard steps to get the medication you need is worth it. Take advantage of all the help offered to you. Be willing to meet those people halfway, even if it's difficult. You don't have to drink to make it to the appointment. You just need to reach out for the help that is there. Don't give up on yourself. You can pull through this. You've already made it 4 days. Don't throw them away. Those days are hard work and you don't want to have to do them again. There is always another way besides drinking. You just have to search high and low for it.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I get super anxious after drinking for a really long time, sometimes it takes a few weeks for it to clear up. What helps me is thinking that I'm the one with the problem, I'm the only one who really knows what the problem is, and I'm the only one who can really change it. The people I'm so concerned about aren't thinking about me like I'm afraid they are, heck they're probably trying to NOT think about me lol. There are a ton of people willing to help too though. I don't know that is what I've been telling myself.

I'm on day 3, I hope you all the best and you'll make it!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Ragamuffin, we spoke in chat tonight during the meeting, and I think you know that you are doing a strong and beautiful thing, for yourself and for those who love you. I am pulling for you.

What helps me is thinking that I'm the one with the problem, I'm the only one who really knows what the problem is, and I'm the only one who can really change it.
Thenn88, I feel that this is great that you have this point of view, it means to me that you are going to beat this thing just fine. You do have the power inside you to do this, I can hear it in your post. Keep posting, OK?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like you'll have to find a way to get to that doctor. It's the only way you'll feel better. It might seem like an almost impossible task right now but when it's over you'll have the tools you need to push forward. Good luck!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome ragamuffin,
It is tough to not have things go your way. You are right, if you drink now you have to go through the first four days again just to get to where you quit quitting. Hang in here, and als realize that many people have found their anxiety lessen dramatically when they quit. Being sober will allow you to get to help much easier than drunk. Like Dee said, if you have a therapist gave you talked to him or her yet?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

The anxiety is the worst, I think. Everyone's first week is tough but think about it this way: you're half way through it and the second half should be better than the first half. It could be you're still going through withdrawal.......you said you'd been drinking "constantly, morning to night" for a couple years - it's probably going to take a good bit of time to really heal.

Focusing on taking slow, deep breaths to calm yourself, but don't hesitate to call someone (even 911) if you continue to feel worse. Otherwise, maybe your mom can help you get to the doctor tomorrow. It's all scary, I know, but it's better to be safe and get the help you need.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for helping me last night It helped alot! You guys are wonderful and my anxiety is much better today and I made an appointment for Tuesday with a therapist that can prescribe me the medication I need to control my anxiety so that I don't break down again.

Again you all are wonderful hug
Old 09-05-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

That chat room saved me from picking up many many nights...

Well done..
Old 09-05-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Stay strong. You made it through 4 days, you can do this. The anxiety is made worse by the alcohol. We drink because we are anxious, and then because we are anxious we drink. It is a vicious circle. We are here to support you, and talk to you and help you stay focused on your goal.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You did it!
Do it again...tomorrow.

You can do this!
It will get easier!
My day 3 was the worst...all the crying...hating...self doubt.

It gets better and YOU CAN DO THIS!
Keep coming back here whenever you think about it.
It helps.
Stay strong!!