JJ sentenced through 2-12-2013- staying local custody

Old 09-04-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

JJ sentenced through 2-12-2013- staying local custody

He had his order to appear and they revoked his probation. he is NOT eligible for bail and he did not get another felony, this is the same charge from last year. Now my husband is out for his blood due to the theft JJ had in May of this year.

Part of me says NO! Let him just serve this 6 months, but then there is the part that says that if he is not held accountable for this other crime, he will continue to do what he has been doing. I am not making any decisions today, this will eventually be a decision the DA/Public defender work on.

I am encouraged that at least JJ is telling the truth that he wasn't arrested for another crime, this is for breaking his probation. With our jail system so over crowded, he will most likely serve 1/2 of the sentence.

He also must have been in good enough condition to be transported the 1 hour to the SD main courthouse for the entire day.
Keep praying that the MRSA gets under control and he can start applying to transfer to the "working jail" which is across the street from the big jail he is in.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for all of you.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm keeping you all in my prayers too. And I think it's a good sign that he is owning up to his past.

Hugs
Old 09-04-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree that it's a good thing he told the truth. I'm also encouraged that he was healthy enough to be transported. You and your family remain in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-04-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Teresa -- I hope that whatever time he serves is "long enough". He's much safer there and that's huge. Are you going to visit tomorrow?
Old 09-04-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Is there a time limit on when you need to decide to press charges for the items he stole from you? If you don't have that information yet, then it might be good to get it. If you do have time to decide, then I'd put the decision off - I have found that time is my best friend with most decisions about my son.

Hopefully he will get a head start on recovery while in prison. California has a number of programs which include eligibility for residential after care upon release - eligibility for aftercare is dependent on completing the in-prison substance abuse program, so hopefully he will sign up for it. The state boasts a 35% relapse rate for inmates who complete the program - about 20% lower than for inmates who don't.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for keeping us updated. I've been thinking of you and JJ. You both, and your family, are in my prayers.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and JJ.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-04-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the prayers. TJP, I cannot visit him yet since he is in isolation so that won't happen until he becomes eligible and yes I will visit him after that time.
Sundayschild, we filed the police report back in May of this year when the theft occured but they could not prove he did it, so not sure if anything will happen. I am against (for the most part) another felony on his record but my husband is so angry, he wants to press charges.
I have let this one go to God. I cannot change or influence how my husband feels, he has a right to feel the way he does. I am done trying to fix JJ's mistakes. I pray that he sees the bottom, looks up and climbs out.
I will encourage him to do the inprison rehab hoping that will help him when its time for him to get out. for sure he needs a long term inpatient to deal with his emotional and psychological issues.
Hugs
Teresa
Old 09-04-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I just want you to know that I respect and appreciate how difficult this dance is between loving Mom, loving wife and lover to yourself.

Wanting you to know I am sending you strength.....I have faith in You!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello CO, he served 4 months on this same sentence last year and then was given the opportunity to go to rehab, which he did. His last day of jail last time was October 8, 2011.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You are all in my thoughts and prayers, but especially YOU. I hope you get some good rest.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

As always, keeping you and your family in my prayers.

XO
Old 09-05-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

prayers for you - it is never easy to watch our children, our little ones who are now grown adults go to the big bad jail - even if all of their actions show that they deserve the punishment ~

every ounce of a mother's heart breaks over it

visiting an adult child is heartbreaking ~

I have never cried like I cried after watching these things happen to my beautiful, intelligent, mother of 3 daughter ~ especially when it just kept happening . . .

I pray that your son finds his way to a better life for him and that you are able to find peace in this storm

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 09-05-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sending you hugs and prayers.