Notices

Where's the magic words?

Old 09-03-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where's the magic words?

I have admitted that I am an alcoholic. I always thought they were the magic words where everything finally fell into place.

Things haven't...

I'm still drinking! I really think i am gonna be the one that proves exception to the rule!

I can drink - and then stop when I need to. I don't need to lose everything before i quit!

I can imagine how crazy I sound to my fellow drinkers - for whom have lost control of alcohol.

I went to AA last week and an amazing women approached me and told me that honesty will be my best path to sobriety. So here I am bearing my drunken soul.

1 bottle of Vodka in and again... I'm pissed. I have promised myself that it is ok to drink once a week on a Friday. It is Tuesday and I have found an excuse to drink a bottle of Vodka in it's entirety.

I have already manipulated my husband into buying 2 bottles of Vodka on Friday (bless him). I have convinced myself now, that my extended family have stressed me to the point of needing a drink on Tuesday (today).

This is the next sentence I wrote...

(As I am pissed - I can actually admitt that this is total bull s***t! I drink 't know how to because I don#)

I am guessing that I have answered my question without even asking it.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Admitting it is great - but yeah, it's not an incantation...it needs action behind it...thats where the real magic happens

You've spoken a lot above about the lengths you've gone to to keep drinking...what are you prepared to do to stop, Lakia?

D
Old 09-03-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

The lie is when you know you are drinking to excess but you aren't doing anything not to drink.

I can't drink. I break out in cans and cans of beer and sitting here living in my head.

I don't drink today, I go out, I don't live in my head; I live in the real world now.

Go back to AA. Try not drinking for today, 7 days in a row. If that doesn't work, maybe a rehab would help you? Knowing is not doing....

I know you can stay stopped!

Love & hugs,
Old 09-03-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jules

I've been where you are at and admitted that I am an alcoholic several years ago. I still have continued to drink but have a week sober today.

The way I see it and am starting to learn is that we need action, we need to do something about it. I put alot of effort into getting drunk and I need to put as much effort into staying sober. I'm attending more AA meetings, I'm talking to people - when I go back to meetings those same people are asking about me and how I am doing so there is accountability there. I've started exercising and eating healthier. At one of the meetings a guy I have talked to several times suggested I get down on my knees in the morning and ask my higher power for the willingness to stay sober for the day. Just to have the desire to have a sober life.

I wish I could say I was one of those that "got it" right away but I didn't. I do however want to stay sober more than anything and have a happy life. I know I'm going to have to work on it because I've been messing around for the past however many years.

We have to work at it and learn new behaviors and coping mechanisms. We aren't bad people, but sick people with a disease. The disease is chronic, progressive and fatal.

We can change, it is a choice of how to live and what to focus on.......it doesn't mean life is a walk in the park or that there aren't still ups and downs but we can face them sober.

Keep posting and take care!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Where's the magic words?

Go back to AA... go there every day !! Listen to what sugarbear said, those are magic words !!

All the best.

Bob R