Notices

Hello

Old 09-03-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Well, long story short, Im back (again) in recovery.

Have tried quitting more times than I can count, and really hit a wall recently.
So glad I found this forum, and after lurking for a while, decided it could really be a help to keep me on the right path.

So, after drinking and drugging since the mid 80's, I've got about nine days under my belt.

One thing for certain, withdrawal keeps getting harder and harder, and the symptoms keep getting worse. I don't think I can do it anymore. I've really got to maintain.

One day at a time. I have a lot to talk about, and there seems like a lot of cool people here, so anyways, hello!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Hey DB! Welcome and awesome about your decision to make yourself healthy.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, DB! Yeah, give yourself a break and just stop. Keep reading and posting to SR - it has been invaluable to me, and make a plan. (Although the plan is really pretty simple - do not drink. no matter what.) You have to do whatever you have to do to not drink. Keep reading - there are a lot of good people on here that can lead you in the right direction. You are not alone. Take care and best wishes.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on the 9 days!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 9 days! And Sissy makes a great point. You are not alone. I'm on 5 days and found a great refuge in this site. When I'm down and can't sleep, I pop on here and it feels like I exhale out the urge. I suddenly don't feel so lonely and depressed. This place is a great tool in the furthering of recovery. I too am very glad I found this forum.

I'm in chat a lot at night (east coast time). If you ever want to talk, theres a good chance I'll be there or a lot of other people that will talk to you and support you.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR DoubleBarrel x
Old 09-03-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your newfound sobriety! It's never too late to choose a better life.