Notices

Things to remember on labour day

Old 09-02-2012, 09:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Things to remember on labour day

It's a day off in the USA, all around the rest of the world it's just a normal monday so there is no reason to drink, it is only as significant as you ascribe it significance it is just another monday .

If you choose not to drink you will be paying homage to all those working people before you who campained for the 8, 8, 8, idea. Is today about self indulgence or honouring them ?

Other people will be using this day off as an excuse to drink. You are an alcoholic there is no good reason or excuse to drink. IF you do find a reason or excuse to drink share it with a sponcer or all of us first and we will tell you if it's a good idea or not .

You deserve a lovely sober day today and to wake tomorow morning without mild to severe alcohol poisoning. Give yourself a break today be gentle with your body .

I'll be back in 13 hours after my working day to see how we're all coping .

Bestwishes, M
Old 09-02-2012, 09:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

well said. Labor Day is a challenge, not an excuse. we can make it through tomorrow so long as we are vigilant and committed to our sobriety. maintaining sobriety is so much more gratifying than beers and drinks and the guilt they bring. especially if those drinks and guilt lead to a longer relapse. we are stronger than that and we deserve more than that. we all have at least 24 hours of sobriety in us, even if those 24 are Labor Day. enjoy the day off, enjoy the grill, enjoy the companionship and enjoy your sobriety. you will be happier the rest of the week (and past that) if you stay sober Monday and isn't that worth it as well?
Old 09-02-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You deserve a lovely sober day today and to wake tomorow morning without mild to severe alcohol poisoning. Give yourself a break today be gentle with your body .
Old 09-02-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thank you-I need this thread today. Very big annual party aka drinkfest at work. Food, friends, fun, and a whole day off (which I never ever get) triggers galore. I'm sure I'll be on the deck logging in to SR to keep me above the influence! I like the challenge, not an excuse statement-that will help too!

Hope everyone enjoys the day off if they have one. For those that don't, have an easy start to the week!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hey, it's just another day. Another day sober or another day p*ssed out of your skull?

I'm not drinking. Maybe go for ice cream and take the kids swimming instead.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Great post!

Sober here! Will be all day. Tough part for me is afternoon. It's odd how things can be so different in perspective from morning till night.

Ken