JJ has Merca

Old 09-02-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

JJ has Merca

I had a distressing call today. As you all know, JJ was moved to the medical isolation ward. The reason is that he had developed a huge abcess on his wrist with pus and blood in it.
They tested him and he has Merca. they are waiting on lab results and they will need to remove part of his wrist or worst case, they may have to amputate his hand.

JJ is so lost, I am crying in my heart for him. We had a very frank conversation and he has been severely depressed and suicidal for the last 4 years he told me.

I prayed for him over the phone for this Merca to be able to be treated. They are giving him antibiotics and they have drained the fluid the best they could.

Please send prayers for the best solution they can give JJ. Thank goodness he is getting treatment and though isolation is not ideal, I am so glad that is where he is so he can at least try and rest and regain some sanity.

Of course he is detoxing but he is able to keep food down and once the tests come back hopefully they know where to isolate the incisions to remove the affected areas.

Just pray, HP is there and I know it will be okay no matter what but the more we send our prayers, the more peace I pray JJ will have.
Love
Teresa
Old 09-02-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sending prayers now. God is right there with him, always. HP is in this. Hang in there. We're all with you.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am praying for your son, and for you Teresa. With so much mersa the last several years, I would hope they know much more about treating it.
prayers for healing, and for peace.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers for JJ and, of course, for you. I don't know anything about MRSA, but I have heard it can be quite serious. Hopefully they caught it early enough that he won't face amputation. (((HUGS)))
Old 09-02-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Teresa))) - I've been hospitalized 3 times for MRSA. It CAN be bad, but it can also NOT be so bad. The first time I had it (from a needle stick when I was an RN), I was in isolation, family had to wear gowns/masks/etc. to see me. I had an IV in my chest for the really strong antibiotics.

The last 2 times, I was still using, no isolation, still got antibiotics. Since I've been clean, I only had one time I thought it was flaring up - a bug bite or something can turn into an infection, and I was very EARLY in recovery. By that time, they had an oral antibiotic and my dr. called it in for me.

I haven't had any problem with it in 5 years. You and ((JJ)) are ALWAYS in my prayers and I will say extra ones that the treatment works well for him.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-02-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He's in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Thank God JJ was arrested when he was otherwise this infection would probably have got much worse and possibly gone untreated all together.

I continue to pray for JJ.

Seek the Lord and His strength;
Seek His face evermore!

1 Chronicles 16:11
Old 09-02-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers continue for both of you....Mega
Old 09-02-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sure you are very distressed about this news, Teresa. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise ....the infection must be what motivated him to turn himself in and this scare might just be enough to turn him around. One day at a time, my friend. We're here and we're all praying with you. ((((Hugs))))
Old 09-02-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Teresa
I'm so sorry to hear this. I've known a couple of people with MRSA and they were treated and are ok. JJ will be in my prayers...and so will you. Please keep us posted.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-02-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Teresa- Thank goodness he is being treated. I'll pray for his speedy recovery.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Visualize him healthy, happy, and well. If you have a picture of him that shows his true, pure spirit, get it out and put it on your altar, if you have one . . .see him as "healthy, whole, and complete."

I don't know if this appeals to you, but you can go online and have groups of people pray for you - Unity has a large prayer congregation - you can send them an email request and/or call them and they will pray with you over the phone. They pray for 30 days, and it is powerful.

I don't know if you believe in Reiki, but if you put "free distance reiki" into a search engine, there are also Reiki masters who will send Reiki to him (just Divine energy).

Sending prayers for both of you.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are on the way for JJ's healing, and for you, too.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Praying it was caught early and can be treated.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I hope that he heals quickly. I work around MRSA all the time and it is such a common thing now. I generally work in critical care areas and I'd say that over 1/2 of the rooms that I go into now you have to wear isolation gowns because of MRSA. I've had it twice now - and although it's scary it's scarier when you are not where it can be treated.

I'll keep you both in my prayers......
Old 09-02-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Prayers of healing and wholeness for your son.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Lightseeker, have you ever heard of a case severe enough where they had to remove a limb?
Old 09-02-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I found this link, which provides a good amount of information on MRSA...

MRSA - PubMed Health
Old 09-02-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sending healing prayers for JJ (both physical and emotional), and prayers for comfort and peace for you.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
Thank you all. Lightseeker, have you ever heard of a case severe enough where they had to remove a limb?
Try not to go there . . .I would not even research it - you'll just scare yourself . . .for me, it is not about denial, but about focusing on his health . . .if you believe in prayer, you believe that he can heal . . .so turn it over to God to take care of and do your part by visualizing him healthy and happy . . .even if it doesn't seem possible . . . just "act as if" . . .

Worrying about worse-case scenarios is not the way to go, for sure.