Notices

Another mess up

Old 09-02-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

Another mess up

I won't detail it because i'm sick of feeling a sense of achievement after overcoming these "bouts".

I have nothing to focus on until the 17th September, then uni starts. I've been permanently kicked out of my house so i've had nowhere to stay than with other dossers and it's enabled a reckless lifestyle. Of course i'm the only one at fault really, lack of self esteem and all that. Anyway i'm just checking in to say hello again I guess. Hopefully uni will be a reason to stop this nonsense. I'm going to fill my schedule to make sure being hungover isn't an option. Anyway i'm rambling on again. Jake checking in again, in need of support.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I am sorry for your struggles my brother...

All I can do from the States is send you postive thoughts and energy, to find your way...

Good love, Inda
Old 09-02-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

My friend just got kicked out of his house like 4 weeks ago, and is staying at the homeless shelter rather at his friends houses that are drug addicts. He kind of hates it, but it has been good for him because he gets help for his addiction, mental health counseling , meals, laundry, and has to be back my 9pm each night. he already has a job, and is saving for a place that is not with addicts. You need to get away from people who are using dude.

Thanks for checking in
Old 09-02-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

My gut reaction is why not get proactive now Jake?
How much worse do you want it to get?

Fight that ennui, fatalism, apathy, excuse to stay wasted, or whatever it is, and check out an AAmeeting, or a SMART one...or look for sober living houses....

I agree with Metalchick that where you are is probably not the greatest environment for you.

D
Old 09-02-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

BTY, my friend was waiting for school too, but flunked out because of shooting oxy last year. He thought that school would help, but he spent his student loans on drugs. I am not saying you are gonna do that, but you should be stable before school.. ya know
Just be careful. He owes a bunch of money now, and is sucks for him.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jake,

Sorry to hear your struggling. I won't ask which Uni your going to, but most of them will have access to good support if you reach out for it, I would suggest you do that as soon as you can. Assume classes officially start on the 17th but if your there earlier for fresher’s you should be able to access services. You don't need me to tell you there is some stupid drinking that goes on at uni, and you should take all the support you can get.

Are you temporarily homeless and going into halls of residence when you start? if not, there should also be someone in the support office that can point you in the right direction to get accommodation sorted. I assume as your 18 this is your first year at uni, they really do take their responsibilities towards new students very seriously.

take care, and please keep reading and posting,

x
Old 09-02-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jake, why don't you go to AA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 09-02-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't think filling your schedule is going to cut it Jake. Keeping busy never worked for me anyway. Unless you fill your schedule with meetings... no harm in cramming on the recovery stuff before uni starts. This is your second stab at uni right? I hope you find the right support to make it stick this time. Uni is going to be full of people drinking and stuff so you will need to be strong to avoid that lifestyle and not to just use it to justify your own behaviour. I'm glad you're back and in one piece x
Old 09-02-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Are you back in the UK, or still in Asia and Indoisa .. Cause AA meeting are a bit hard there...

Get your booty back to a safe place and get working on sobriety and save all this wasted energy...
Old 09-02-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Jake, I'm glad you posted - but of course I'm sad about the circumstances you find yourself in. We're all here for you - we know you can turn it around and have a great life. Let's try this again.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hang in there, buddy. I'm struggling too, but we'll make it. We're here ... we're still fighting. Put it behind you and keep driving on. You know I support you.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If I recall correctly, alcohol and opiates were your demons, right?

I'm going to chime in with everyone else and say that waiting until you start university is a bad idea. Many people find university rather stressful, especially at first, and since downers are your thing you could easily be tempted to reach for a little chemical relaxation if you're still very shaky.

Not to mention that university campuses are among the worst places in terms of temptation...

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck. As others said, hang in there.