It's JUST another day!

Old 09-02-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's JUST another day!

Yesterday was my 17th anniversary with AH. Any holiday with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas is "just another day" to him. That's of course unless it's someone's birthday that is in his family (brother, mom, dad etc...), with them he makes it a point to at least call them.

I put it to the test and I was right! Not a word was said. And I sure wasn't going to bring it up either. All I would hear anyway is how he has "put up with me" for the last 17 years, how much trouble I am, how spoiled I am QUACK, QUACK, QUACK!! If anything, it is completely the other way around.

I have been silent here lately because I have been doing lots of reading around and about. I have to say, I have laughed, cried and even gotten madder! But this site has so much good reading!! I want to thank you all for the inspiration, the knowing I'm not alone and the occasional good laugh that I have been needing! And in these reading's I have come to realize the true effects of alcoholism.

I am in no position to leave financially but I am truly working on it. I have a savings account in my name (online only) and I am diligently trying to finish my degree in hopes of a better paying job so that I can.

I also saw something at the top about blogs, I hope this isn't a dumb question, but can that be used as sort of a diary of my own? I have started a word document and trying to jot down all the emotions, but I really don't want AH to stumble across it. This would be a safer place for me to jot down such things.

Going to try to have just another 'good' day!!

Thanks for listening, and again, thanks for all the good reads!

Jen