Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Now that we are settled...he decides he wants us to get back together

Old 09-01-2012, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yesterday evening AH called to see how the boys were and after the usual "small talk" he starts by saying...you're not going to like this but....

AH : I love you

Me : Good for you - I hope that keeps you warm at night, cause it doesn't do anything for me

AH : Don't be like that - I know we can get back together at some stage in the future - I am going to give up drinking and get myself sorted out.

Me: Are you deluded?? This will Never happen and I mean NEVER

AH : Lots of people get sober and their wives support them through it...WHY can't you support me??

At that I hung up on him and didn't answer when he called back twice.

We have been seperated since November and he is still drinking. Every so often i get the speech - " I'm giving up today, that was my last drink " quack, quack, quack!!

Now that he has seen how great our new place is and how happy we are in our new home, he thinking " I want some of that too" so If i'll tell her I'm giving up drinking, she'll take me back - bada bing !!!!

THe whole conversation is so unbelivable, I just laughed and then thought, GOD he really thinks there's a chance for us....well NEWFLASH!!! NOT HAPPENING - EVER !!!
Old 09-01-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you not buying into his quacking! I think you nailed it, he sees how good you have it now and wants that for himself.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

WOW! That's some quacking. Good for you for not getting sucked back in. It sounds like you're doing well. Enjoy your boys and your new home and your new life.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The broken cracked record... I have that same quack from my XA. I had to see him after 6 months of NC to sign legal paperwork and he was sooo sweet and sincere but I resisted his charms and lies. He left Florida headed to the West coast and didn't make it 500 miles before he was gambling, drinking and got a DUI!

Sure enough the quacks for help (gambled away all his cash) blew up my phone (he calls from strangers phones as he is blocked) began. NC... it is a no quack zone as my new boundary!

Stay strong...
Old 09-01-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

The No Quack Zone-Love it! Thanks Hopeworks!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hopeworks - the no quack zone is a great idea, but its impossible to go NC when you have kids, unfortunately
Old 09-01-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Milly)))))

Hopeworks - the no quack zone is a great idea, but its impossible to go
NC when you have kids, unfortunately
You are correct, but fortunately for you that the moment he drifts off the children
as a subject you are free to hang up.

Sounds like you are working your program to the max!!!!!! I applaud you!!!!

Very nice response to his Quacking!!!!

Keep up the good work.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-01-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Laurie - I am the master at hanging up - have had years of experience unfortunately.
I have come along way - I used to buy into the quacking in the past and melt like butter when he promised me the " sun, moon and stars".
Now I know the signs and I hear the quacking - going to al-anon, a therapist and having SR has helped me to see the light.