Notices

Bleh evening...AV chattering

Old 08-31-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Bleh evening...AV chattering

Friday night and I am bored!! Not only do I not drink, I am also trying to lose weight so pigging out isn't an option either. I have cleaned the house. Husband is irritating me. Kids were fighting. ARGGGG!!!! I will not drink, but boy does my AV loooove times like this. The beast makes so much more sense when I am already down, but I know it lies. Tomorrow I am planning a 7 mile walk and my AV thumbed his nose at me.

I feel trapped though. Bored, tired, hungry, irritated...all gold for AV. Will not give in, just venting.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is there anything you like to do A - some hobby..or maybe some exercise...watch a DVD...take a bubble bath etc?

D
Old 08-31-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, try to find something to help you relax.

Enjoy your walk tomorrow! I speak from experience, walking is SO beneficial.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Is there anything you like to do A - some hobby..or maybe some exercise...watch a DVD...take a bubble bath etc?

D
Actually I am quite antsy and jittery. Not sure why. Too hot to take a walk with the dog and too fidgity to do yoga. I'm just in a complaining mood I guess. My leg is bouncing...I'm so hyped up.

My iced tea said it's decaf...??
Old 08-31-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Venting is good...

Do you have any quick and easy stress-relief methods? Mine have been helping me a lot.
Have any low-cal comfort foods/drinks? Time to listen to music or take a bath? Anything like that?
Old 08-31-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are so amazing, AEO. So very proud of you and how far you have come. Do you do any needlework or crochet or knit? How about popping some popcorn and reading a good book - away from the fam? Peace and quiet is a wonderful thing!!
Keep up the great work!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Hate baths...they have always grossed me out.

Just texted my co-worker to tell her how I was feeling. I teach special education and was wondering if I caught ADHD from one of my students (JOKE!!).
Old 08-31-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
I feel trapped though. Bored, tired, hungry, irritated...all gold for AV. Will not give in, just venting.
You got three of the four triggers from H.A.L.T.

Take a deep breath, eat something, and go to bed. You will appreciate it in the morning.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
You got three of the four triggers from H.A.L.T.

Take a deep breath, eat something, and go to bed. You will appreciate in the morning.

What's the L? Lonely?

Typing here always helps- haven't posted much lately- I forget how much it helps to stay connected.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I only suggested baths because a lot of people find them relaxing, I don't like them either.

What do you usually do to relax aeo?
Old 08-31-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

What's the L? Lonely?
Yep, lonely. But in your case not a problem. If fact, sounds like a little alone time would help.

Stay strong.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I agree with doggonecarl. Man, you have my sympathies for trying to lose weight while staying sober!
Old 08-31-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Originally Posted by Someguy23 View Post
I only suggested baths because a lot of people find them relaxing, I don't like them either.

What do you usually do to relax aeo?
Sleep! I'm sooo not tired though. I also read, work out, veg on the computer, wander around my house aimlessly to get my fitbit steps in (awesome little gadget). I'm sure there is a closet or something that needs cleaning...
Old 08-31-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Seriously, why is my mind and body racing right now? This rarely happens.

AV keeps reminding me how I can ease the pressure. I just keep telling it to shut up!!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Your sober date... Wow, great job!

I am dieting too, I have found looking for new recipes and cooking healthy meals helps distract me. My freezer is filling up fast, lol.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aeo1313
I also read, work out, veg on the computer, wander around my house aimlessly to get my fitbit steps in (awesome little gadget). I'm sure there is a closet or something that needs cleaning...
Vegging on the computer hasn't worked for me in the past when my AV was being chatty, I need something more involved. Eating and cooking haven't really worked either, but I know they work for others. Reading can work, but it has to be a really good book.

I've found working out to be very efficient though, especially high intensity and low reps. Keep the brain focused on something else, you know.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Seriously, why is my mind and body racing right now? This rarely happens.

AV keeps reminding me how I can ease the pressure. I just keep telling it to shut up!!
Hi aeo,

Perhaps less tell your AV to shutup, and more realize your AV is entirely your addictive voice, and so, by definition, your AV is not YOU. Your Beast (addictive desire) of course wants to be satisfied, and is using your AV to get you emotionally worked up and mentally stressed so as to blur the lines which make the difference between YOU and your addiction.

Yelling at your AV only feeds the Beast, so, try having some positive emotional energies created by your enjoyment of knowing how separated you are already from the stupid Beast (addictive desire) and the boring monologe from the AV (addictive voice).

It really is useless for the Beast and AV to try to get you to believe YOU want to drink, and that you're suffering. Its the other way around, and enjoying the truth of that is a wonderful experience.

You're good people, aeo.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

I don't see how drinking would help. I mean, you have a hubby and kids and all. It is not like you are going to get your "party" on tonight. Sorry, I understand being energetic with nothing to do, but don't see the fun in getting drunk to wake up to a hangover with kids.

I am kind of young, so maybe I just don't get it, but I do understand thinking that drinking will cure boredom.

Take Care
Old 08-31-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Originally Posted by MetalChick View Post
I don't see how drinking would help. I mean, you have a hubby and kids and all. It is not like you are going to get your "party" on tonight. Sorry, I understand being energetic with nothing to do, but don't see the fun in getting drunk to wake up to a hangover with kids.

I am kind of young, so maybe I just don't get it, but I do understand thinking that drinking will cure boredom.

Take Care
Oh- I'm not going to drink...that's not what I want at all! No, I'm getting up early tomorrow and walking to my folks' house and then my mom and I are walking to breakfast. No room for a hangover!!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Hi aeo,

Perhaps less tell your AV to shutup, and more realize your AV is entirely your addictive voice, and so, by definition, your AV is not YOU. Your Beast (addictive desire) of course wants to be satisfied, and is using your AV to get you emotionally worked up and mentally stressed so as to blur the lines which make the difference between YOU and your addiction.

Yelling at your AV only feeds the Beast, so, try having some positive emotional energies created by your enjoyment of knowing how separated you are already from the stupid Beast (addictive desire) and the boring monologe from the AV (addictive voice).

It really is useless for the Beast and AV to try to get you to believe YOU want to drink, and that you're suffering. Its the other way around, and enjoying the truth of that is a wonderful experience.

You're good people, aeo.

As soon as I got up and folded some clothes and read some in my book the thoughts stopped. The beast is becoming so very weak.